Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   not really recipe - tea drinkers out there? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/not-really-recipe-tea-drinkers-out-there-t62745.html)

Candela59 09-04-2010 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterInVA
I wouldn't drink Lipton or Salada or Tetley on a bet. I use Irish Breakfast Tea in the morning, Earl Grey or Lady Grey in the afternoon and Lapsong in the evening. I get my teas from a local tea shop that imports from England. When you make tea, water has to be at a full boil, cover the cup and let steep. I use tea leaves, not bags, because it has better flavor.

I agree about loose vs. tea bags too. If you don't have a local tea shop (I'm jealous!) Stash Tea has a great online and paper catalog.

Love to stitch 09-04-2010 12:09 PM

My DD bought TAZO tea from where she works. She gave me a tin of Awake which is black tea and it is deliously. It comes as tea bags but the bag feels silky not papery. I have also tried some other flavors but I like this best. Yes it is expensive, but it was a great gift, one I hope she will repeat in the future.

eimay 09-04-2010 02:35 PM

Hi! Love Twinings English Breakfast and Irish Breakfast.

Ragann63 09-04-2010 03:48 PM

My favorite black tea is Twinings Prince of Wales. It is ridiculously smooth, almost like drinking velvet. I consider myself somewhat of a tea connoisseur as I have a terrific job and get to travel the world. I found this one in Rome. It can be purchased at Whole Foods in the states. For loose teas, I prefer the China or Russian Caravans. Enjoy!

Mossie 09-04-2010 04:18 PM

My all time favorite tea is Good Earth Decaf Green Tea-Lemongrass flavor. My next is another by Good Earth called Sweet & Spicy Herb tea. It tastes like the original Dentyne gum and is incredible as iced tea. The only problem is that they changed the formula and the name and it's now Sweet and Spicy Red Tea and I promise you it tastes like a combination of bug spray and fertilizer. Nasty! Sure wish I could find the original Sweet and Spicy Herb tea. Then I've discovered Twinings Black Currant, Ginseng and Vanilla. Very good, hot or iced. I really, really love tea.

Quiltylady 09-04-2010 05:45 PM

I am a devout tea drinker. I like "Charleston Tea. It is the only tea plantation in the US. Bigelow bought them out. Go to Bigelow.com and look for Charleston Plantation Tea. It does not have the after bite that most teas have. I buy it by the case, which is 6 boxes of 48. You can buy smaller amounts.

Numa 09-04-2010 05:45 PM

My husband and I keep looking for a good tea too. I will try some of your suggestions and see if we can find one we like. Thanks everyone!

piepatch 09-04-2010 06:00 PM

Try PG Tips Tea. It is the most popular tea in Britain, and at my house I might add! It is a very nice tea, but sometimes a little hard to find. I find it at World Market and some supermarkets.

sewgull 09-04-2010 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltylady
I am a devout tea drinker. I like "Charleston Tea. It is the only tea plantation in the US. Bigelow bought them out. Go to Bigelow.com and look for Charleston Plantation Tea. It does not have the after bite that most teas have. I buy it by the case, which is 6 boxes of 48. You can buy smaller amounts.

If your are ever in the Charleston, S.C. area The Tea Planatation offer tours. I think you will need reservatons for the tour. Check on line. It is an interesting tour.

AnnaK 09-04-2010 06:40 PM

I was always a coffee gal until recently when I need to not drink as much. I have found (I know you said not flavored) Lipton Green tea with Citrus and Passionfruit a beautiful, aromatic and flavorful tea. I wonder if the green tea is also helping to improve my energy level. Anyway, give it a try, you might like it. I think it would taste good iced.