Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Pressure cooker vs. Instant Pot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/pressure-cooker-vs-instant-pot-t285660.html)

mountain-moma 02-20-2017 12:15 PM

I don't know anything about the Instant Pot ,,,But I have a Electric Pressure Cooker I brought from a QVC store for $25.00 a long time ago best thing I've had in the kitchen in a long time I have 3 Pressure cookers for the stove top but i love my Electric Pressure Cooker ,,,That's just my 2 cents

Stitchnripper 02-23-2017 04:28 PM

Any of you who do crafty I read on the Instant Pot Community Forum on Facebook that someone took an Instant Pot class on Crafty! I can't get it to open for me, so can't report further.

Stitchnripper 02-23-2017 05:18 PM

Well if one types it in correctly it does come up. There is a pressure cooker class on craftsy

slbram17 02-24-2017 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by misseva (Post 7766202)
I love the stainless steel liner feature. And yes, it is very easy to clean. Much lighter then a 'crock'.

I have heard that the instant pot is more user friendly than some of the other brands. So if I ever decide to replace my old cooker I'll go with Instant Pot.

blondeslave 02-24-2017 12:18 PM

My IP Duo is being delivered today. I hope it's as good as people say.

slbram17 02-25-2017 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by blondeslave (Post 7771575)
My IP Duo is being delivered today. I hope it's as good as people say.

Keep us posted..there is a very active instant pot Facebook group too.

cindyb 02-25-2017 05:52 AM

I have always loved my old fashioned stove top pressure cooker. I admit I always worried about those horror stories about it blowing up. My daughter got me a new fang-dangle (looks like a crock pot) and it is soooo beyond me. There are no direction or recipes, totally intimidated by the whole thing. It's still in the box out in the garage.

Stitchnripper 02-25-2017 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by cindyb (Post 7772048)
I have always loved my old fashioned stove top pressure cooker. I admit I always worried about those horror stories about it blowing up. My daughter got me a new fang-dangle (looks like a crock pot) and it is soooo beyond me. There are no direction or recipes, totally intimidated by the whole thing. It's still in the box out in the garage.

Is it an electric pressure cooker? Maybe if you look on the box and get the brand you can google for instructions. They are really pretty easy. I was just watching an Instant Pot You Tube where the safety features are explained.

misseva 02-25-2017 07:20 AM

CindyB I agree with Stitchnripper go to the internet & find directions. I think all the electric pressure cookers operate basically the same way. You will not be disappointed believe me. I've had mine only a short while and it is the most used appliance in my kitchen. Gave my crockpot to my daughter to use in her soap making. I was afraid at first because I grew up hearing all the horror stories about cookers blowing up & spewing stuff all over the ceiling but the electric pots have built in safety mechanisms so we don't have to worry about that.

romanojg 02-26-2017 04:33 AM

I have been checking out the all in one from Walmarts, many places have them but so for the best price has been there. It does the slow cooking, braising, pressure cooker, etc. I had one of the old pressure cookers for years and didn't like using it because you has to adjust the valve. Several years I bought a small one and you just close it and locked it, no worrying about the valve. A few years later I bought a bigger one. I love mine, it cooks everything much faster than on the stove top. I want the all in one and the get rid of my slow cooker, pressure cookers, etc. I'm wondering if your electric one just doesn't have the proper temp set anymore, which could also be a hazard for keeping the food hot enough while cooking