Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Snickerdoodle Cake? Oh, dear! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/snickerdoodle-cake-oh-dear-t160757.html)

3incollege 10-16-2011 05:46 AM

I have made the cupcakes , next weekend I am having the kids come for dinner , I'll make the cake!

Val in IN 10-16-2011 06:45 AM

Thanks for the link!! I think this will be super-yummy. I might try it as cupcakes for my quilt group meeting at our Christmas potluck. Bookmarked and added to my Favorites.

bobbie1 10-16-2011 07:06 AM

6 1/2 sticks of butter??? Will pass on this one! :-D

AnnT 10-16-2011 07:42 AM

Sounds rich and delicious!!

reeskylr 10-16-2011 08:19 AM

Wow, this sounds great. I wonder if you can just get the butter cream frosting in a can and add the cinnamon and a little brown sugar....hm.

Plus, just get a white cake mix, use the butter instead of the oil and add the cinnamon. Hm...

pippi65 10-16-2011 09:28 AM

YIKES!!! 4 & 1/2 sticks of butter?????

lillybeck 10-16-2011 09:47 AM

I have an aunt in Ind that always makes a batch of snickerdoodles when we head that way so you can believe I will not only try it myself but send it to her.

grayma 10-16-2011 12:21 PM

This sounds like a mortal sin waiting to happen. I have to try this, but only when there are enough people to share so that I only eat one piece!

lisajane 10-16-2011 01:08 PM

4 1/2 sticks of butter don't scare me! Sounds like an excellent cake, probably a holiday cake....say Thanksgiving or Christmas? But I will definately have to give it a try first to see if it measures up to a holiday cake. LOL I am sure it will. Paula Deen ain't shy when it comes to butter, and she seems to be doing fine. People who constantly worry about butter, bacon, cholesterol, eggs, etc. etc. worry thereselves right into a health crisis. Ease up.....you are not going to live on this cake, a piece won't hurt you...if you get a fork and the cake stand with the cake....well you might have a problem.

greaterexp 10-16-2011 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by lisajane
4 1/2 sticks of butter don't scare me! Sounds like an excellent cake, probably a holiday cake....say Thanksgiving or Christmas? But I will definately have to give it a try first to see if it measures up to a holiday cake. LOL I am sure it will. Paula Deen ain't shy when it comes to butter, and she seems to be doing fine. People who constantly worry about butter, bacon, cholesterol, eggs, etc. etc. worry thereselves right into a health crisis. Ease up.....you are not going to live on this cake, a piece won't hurt you...if you get a fork and the cake stand with the cake....well you might have a problem.

I believe in "moderation in all things." But you have to die from something! You may as well die happy! (No, I don't normally eat that much fat! Moderation, moderation!!) I hope someone tries it and posts their thoughts on it!