Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Snickerdoodle Cake? Oh, dear! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/snickerdoodle-cake-oh-dear-t160757.html)

collady 10-16-2011 02:28 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Going to make it tonight!!!!

kathyd 10-16-2011 04:25 PM

Thanks. I love snickerdoodle cookies!! This has to be delicious.

Grambi 10-16-2011 05:03 PM

Yummy! Okay, I've printed and have a family reunion to bake for next weekend. My problem is that it's so hard for me to get a cake frosted nicely, especially when it's four layers. That cupcake idea might be better for me. Plus, less messy for serving. Hmmm...do I need to make any adaptations in the recipe for cupcakes? How long would I cook them? Any bakers with any tips on turning this cake recipe into a cupcake recipe?

Ann L 10-16-2011 05:55 PM

I love snickerdoodles! The frosting sound enough to put me in a sugar stupor! Might have to try this one. thanks for sharing.

Ann L 10-16-2011 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Grambi
Yummy! Okay, I've printed and have a family reunion to bake for next weekend. My problem is that it's so hard for me to get a cake frosted nicely, especially when it's four layers. That cupcake idea might be better for me. Plus, less messy for serving. Hmmm...do I need to make any adaptations in the recipe for cupcakes? How long would I cook them? Any bakers with any tips on turning this cake recipe into a cupcake recipe?

I wouldn't think you would need to modify the recipe, but check a cake box for how long to cook the cupcakes. I would think 15 min or so. Let us know how they turn out. I might do that myself. Thanks for the idea.

peabee 10-16-2011 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by lisajane
4 1/2 sticks of butter don't scare me! Sounds like an excellent cake, probably a holiday cake....say Thanksgiving or Christmas? But I will definately have to give it a try first to see if it measures up to a holiday cake. LOL I am sure it will. Paula Deen ain't shy when it comes to butter, and she seems to be doing fine. People who constantly worry about butter, bacon, cholesterol, eggs, etc. etc. worry thereselves right into a health crisis. Ease up.....you are not going to live on this cake, a piece won't hurt you...if you get a fork and the cake stand with the cake....well you might have a problem.

you're right, heck, everybody is right about this cake. but, i WILL BE TRYING THIS CAKE! THANKS A BUNCH!

one-and-only 10-16-2011 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by 3incollege
I have made the cupcakes , next weekend I am having the kids come for dinner , I'll make the cake!

Is your cupcake recipe the same? If not would you share your recipe?

raksmum 10-16-2011 09:21 PM

This sure does sound yummy! I have never bought butter by the "stick". How much butter is in a stick?

mummadee 10-16-2011 10:54 PM

I would think that transporting that high a cake might pose a problem. I'd probably try to take the layers and the frosting separately and assemble there. I cannot separate a layer, so I bake them separately. I would divide cake mix into quarters and bake 4 individual layers, thereby avoiding the cutting.

Babs194068 10-16-2011 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
Wow, this sounds great. I wonder if you can just get the butter cream frosting in a can and add the cinnamon and a little brown sugar....hm.

Plus, just get a white cake mix, use the butter instead of the oil and add the cinnamon. Hm...

This is what I plan to do when I try it. I am not into homemade cakes anymore.