Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Thanksgiving For Only 2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/thanksgiving-only-2-a-t312953.html)

toverly 11-02-2020 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by mjkgquilt (Post 8429332)
Toverly, I would like your recipe for Cranberry Pie.

Gladly, it is from Southern LIving about 20 years ago.

12 oz (3 -31/ cups cranberries
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp flour
1/2 tbsp orange extract or 1/4 cup orange zest
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp melted butter ( I omit this, it's for looks not flavor)
2-3 eggs
9 inch unbaked pie shell

Grind cranberries and raisins in food processor. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bake 375 for 45 minutes.

I like vanilla ice cream with it, husband likes it plain. If you take it to a pot luck (Probably not this year) don't let a child get a big slice. It is tart.

mjkgquilt 11-02-2020 05:02 PM

Toverly, thank you very much. It will be served on Thanksgiving.

WMUTeach 11-03-2020 04:16 AM

Toverly, that sounds wonderful. I have saved it to my recipe file because this year I will not need a second pie. Ice Cream sounds grand with cranberries. Yum.

sandy l 11-03-2020 04:25 AM

We are going to be doing a local a carry-out, as the large family dinner is going to be happening

tropit 11-03-2020 01:23 PM

So, I have been so relieved that I got out of Thanksgiving dinner this year for a wide variety of reasons, but then my dau asked me if I would make her hubby a birthday dinner today. Uhhhh...OK...I guess. I thought that meant that she would come by early and we would make something casual and easy today. We like cooking together. I also thought that would mean eating outside and wearing masks.

No...she isn't helping me at all. They will arrive in the evening and he hates politics, so no watching the election coverage and no eating outdoors. She invited her brother too and the whole gang is spending the night. They're bringing beer...lots of beer and not much else.

:::sigh:::

I don't know how I got wrangled into this. I've been cooking all morning and I'm exhausted. The house is still a big mess. I've been sideswiped!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Jingle 11-03-2020 02:04 PM

Only have Thanksgiving Day once a year. We will all have a big get together with Turkey and all our trimmings. Lots of pumpkin pie and other desserts. Get to see Grand (all grown) and some Great Grands. Wouldn't miss it for the world. We have done this for about twenty years. Not giving it up for anything. It's a Family Tradition.

SusieQOH 11-04-2020 06:05 AM

I've never celebrated Thanksgiving w/o turkey in my whole life. This year we are going to our son who has our little Cupcake, Arden. He and our DIL are going to quarantine for 2 weeks as we are. If we didn't I wouldn't feel comfortable going but my kids are as serious as I am about this virus. I can't wait to get my hands on my little one :)