Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Recipe for Healthy Dog Treats! >

Recipe for Healthy Dog Treats!

Recipe for Healthy Dog Treats!

Old 03-20-2012, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Gramma View Post
Do these harden or stay a little spft? My little toy poodle had 14 teeth pulled & 26 roots!!!!! Can't really eat hard things! He only weighs 4.3 lbs. is so sweet!
Tink had 3 pulled...2 of those were broken, she must have tried to chew a rock. She has health problems and doesn't eat many foods. No commercial treats. I take a # of beef liver and bake it on a foil lined cookie sheet for around 20-30 minutes. It depends on how thick and how hard you want it. When cooked, I cut it with a sharp knife into tiny squares (1"). Store for up to 1 week in ziplock bag in fridge.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Anna from Oz View Post
I'm an Aussie, are potato flakes the same as that dried potato mix in a packet? I can't say I've seen them in the supermarket, hoping another Aussie can set me straight. Could I substitute mashed potato I wonder if we can't get them out here........

Thanks for posting the dog treats recipe, I am sure my cat Orlando will love it too. I cook all the food for my dogs, and am always looking for a home cooked dog food recipe. I cook minced beef, grated veges, rice, some vegemite with some water. They would rather eat the same roast dinners as us though.

Anyone else cook up their dog food?
Anna
Anna...I make Tink's food, too. One of her favorites is meatloaf. Ground round steak (less fat), oatmeal, a little pearl barley, egg, peas, carrots, little tomato sauce. Mix together and bake.
a couple of years ago, my son and husband were home while I was at work. I got a call from husband that he liked the new recipe that I made the meatloaf with. LOL, wish I could have seen his and son's faces when I told them it was dog food.....
Old 03-20-2012, 09:14 AM

You Can't store these too long, store in frig if you want to keep them longer!