RECIPE

Old 03-03-2011, 04:04 AM

For all the weight loss buddies I have a nice recipe to share:

If you like Tilapia:

Take your Tilapia filet and add to it slather some pesto on the filet and then come Sundried Tomatoes that are chopped (they come in a jar in oil) slather that on also-bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 10-15 minutes--It tastes so good.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:12 AM

I love tilapia, I use salsa on mine, taste so good.....Michele
Old 03-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Banned

boohoo..........I can't eat fish or pesto since pesto has pinenuts and I am allergic to both.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
boohoo..........I can't eat fish or pesto since pesto has pinenuts and I am allergic to both.
There is a pesto made from peas[ no pine nuts] and you could use that on chicken.....just a thought..trupeach....
Old 03-04-2011, 03:29 AM

You can do it without pine nuts just make it yourself--Parsley a large amount, garlic clove or 2 what ever your prefference-Parmigan chesse or any italian chees and olive oil-but all in blender with a little olive oil and zip it up and then slowly stream in while blender is running some more olive oil to the consistency you want. You can also use this on Chicken breast also--or use it with whole wheat pasta but only allow your self a cup of the whole wheat-YUMMMMMMMMMY!!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:30 AM

look at my reply to trupeach1 just omit the pine nuts--you really don't need them at all. gailifer
Old 03-04-2011, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by emt2004
I love tilapia, I use salsa on mine, taste so good.....Michele

That sounds so delicious I have to try that--I should be good on Tuna Steaks too, I would think?
Old 03-04-2011, 05:46 AM

Yay....no pine nuts. I absolutely love them....that is until I found out how much fat calories they have. I used to buy the huge package from Costco....about $10/bag. Now they have doubled and sometimes nearly trippled in price. I've been doing without them for a long time now. Like to hear of recipes that substitute something else, though.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:52 AM

You can do it without pine nuts just make it yourself--Parsley a large amount, garlic clove or 2 what ever your prefference-Parmigan chesse or any italian chees and olive oil-but all in blender with a little olive oil and zip it up and then slowly stream in while blender is running some more olive oil to the consistency you want. You can also use this on Chicken breast also--or use it with whole wheat pasta but only allow your self a cup of the whole wheat-YUMMMMMMMMMY
Old 03-04-2011, 07:57 AM

The French version, called Pistou, contains only basil, garlic, olive oil and perhaps cheeses. Pine nuts might be replaced with other nuts, such as almonds. Those who like it hot might add black pepper, red pepper flakes or other spicy additives. It's a recipe that can be reformulated to fit any palate.

Here's a link about Pesto's
Read more: About Pesto | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_4705187_pe...#ixzz1FeASDsU7

Gailifer