Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Refrigerator Rolls - hard to beat recipe >

Refrigerator Rolls - hard to beat recipe

Refrigerator Rolls - hard to beat recipe

Old 02-01-2014, 01:38 PM

Does it take a long time for the rolls to rise before baking?
Old 02-01-2014, 08:02 PM

Made these up tonight. Mixed them up and put in refrigerator without kneading. Dough was too soft for that unless I added more flour. By the time it sits in the refrigerator for a while it stiffens up so that one can work with it without much trouble. I waited an hour or so and then scooped it onto my floured counter top, patted it out into a rectangle, spread with softened oleo, sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon and some plumped raisins. Gently lift the dough from the floured board as you roll into a long roll. I then cut mine into twelve equal pieces. Place cut side down in greased 9x13 pan. I use my finger and the palm of my hand to flatten them down so they cover the entire bottom of the pan. Cover and let rise. I think mine stood about two hours. Bake 20-25 minutes in 350 degree oven. Cool and frost with icing made of powdered sugar, hot water, soft oleo, vanilla and a touch of almond. We tried these as a snack before bedtime and they were delicious. I am sure they can be used for hot rolls, sweet rolls, or whatever you prefer. Chilling makes the dough much easier to handle so one uses less flour. This makes for a more tender finished product. I did not knead these. Now off to bed before I sneak another one and really ruin my diet. This makes one dozen good sized rolls.

Last edited by abc123xyz; 02-01-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:49 AM

Thanks for sharing, all of these sound so yummy