Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
So what is cooking for Easter at your house? >

So what is cooking for Easter at your house?

So what is cooking for Easter at your house?

Old 03-29-2015, 08:45 PM

DIL provides the meal and it will probably be from Fresh market or something else as she does not like to cook. Looking forward to it as I will get to see the little Gret grandson. I think sh e will serve ham, green bean casserole, corn soufflé, deviled eggs, potatoes, and apple pie or maybe cupcakes.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:05 PM

We do a "Request" dinner for Easter. Lots of family and non-family invited and the "requested" buffet (it doesn't go together, but it works for everyone who attends) it's sliced baked ham with the pineapple rings and cherries on the side, green bean casserole, potato salad with lots of eggs and dill seasoning, homemade biscuits with real butter and honey, chicken cacciatore with lots of green pepper and onions in garlic marinara sauce with linguini (we always to Italian at any family gathering), and the traditional Easter Lamb Cake set atop palms (if we can find enough) and backup cake in the same lemon-coconut flavor, plus our favorite fresh fruit salad set in vanilla yogurt. Lots of food and lots of people, each with their request met. We usually have a fresh veggie tray with a yummy sour cream ranch dip. It's a lot of preparation, much of it's ahead of time, but so much fun. Of course, there's an abundance of wine (red and white) to complement the menu choices. It's our best day of the year. HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN INDEED!
Old 03-30-2015, 02:36 AM

Cracker Barrel. Our "tradition". It is just the 2 of us. We are ok with it.

Sandy
Old 03-30-2015, 04:22 AM

We're having leg of lamb , red potatoes and I don't know what else. Maybe green bean casserole. We're not too big on deserts so there probably won't be one.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:19 AM

Not sure if we are getting together this year, not sure who will be in town, one daughter and hubby are vegan, married son avoids red meats, but eats others, his wife is almost vegetarian, and their daughter is only 20 months, I usually have some ham for anyone who would want it and take it if we go to one of the kids houses. I have always left dessert to the chocolate and candy in the baskets. And if everyone is going out of town maybe we will check out a restaurant and start a new tradition.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:33 AM

Tartan....5 cup salad is POPULAR in our household for any gatherings! Lol
I like Ham, potatoes salad, green beans with taters in it, sweet bake taters, collared greens, farm corn, cornbread or beer bread,omg, I'm getting hungry now!! This list can go on and on with our food list....maybe we'll eat at Applebee's this year since we're a very much smaller family...kids eat free with paying adults.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:03 AM

One thing on our menu is Scottish Eggs. We love them. Takes a long time to smoke them but it's worth the wait.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:07 PM

Unfortunately, we go to my husbands family on Easter,,,,the menu is prosetto and salami on a big plate....then they have what they call pizza which is actually a big round cheese bread, dry on the outside and mushy on the inside.....The first year I went I had to stop at McDonalds because I was so hungry when we left.....I now bring deviled eggs and tomato slices with provolone and Italian dressing and someone else started bringing a ham. They've never, ever had mashed potatoes or rolls at any meal.....boy the sacrifices I made for love LOL
Old 03-30-2015, 07:12 PM

I'm tired of cooking!!! Husband said " we're going to the Borgata Buffet in Atlantic City". Went there for Thanksgiving…it was wonderful… no dishes…just walk away when finished dinner . Happy Easter!!!!
Old 03-30-2015, 07:47 PM

We're heading to a buffet at 9 AM. It will be mainly breakfast-type foods.