Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Sourdough >

Sourdough

Sourdough

Old 10-16-2009, 04:31 PM

I am compiling a bunch of recipes that various friends have given me. When I get it all finished, if any of you would like a copy, just PM me.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:15 AM

Thank you for your help. I'll be starting my starter today.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:08 PM

My starter is working can't wait to make bread. 2 more days
Old 10-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

CA is great for sourdough better then any other state in the US. Sourdough is made from the wild yeast in the air and all yeast have different tastes that is why you never get the same yummy taste as San Francisco sourdough. But all sourdough is really good, I am sure your is going to be delicious and can't wait for you to tell us how it comes out. When you are making your bread use bread flour it is made from a different wheat then all purpose flour. Also add a teaspoon or 2 of lemon or orange juice. You won't take it but the citric acid makes the dough rise higher. have fun baking
Old 10-20-2009, 08:36 PM

Such a sew, can I put in an order for a loaf of bread? I love homemade but refuse to make it. Can't fit in my clothes as it is now! :roll:
Old 10-20-2009, 10:28 PM

When i make fresh bread, i cool it and then freeze it. If i leave it on the counter all soft and fresh i'm in trouble. And if i have room temperature butter i'm in double trouble. i'll post a pic when i get it done. will probably make it on friday.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:30 AM

I love fresh bread too. The problem is that when I make 2 or more loaves we don't get to it while it's still fresh. So I "have" to give it away. It's a great way for our neighbors to like me. I think it would be impossible to make just one loaf - hardly worth the effort. My daughter and husband are coming this weekend. He will be my slave for the whole stay if I make him fresh bread. And kneel at my feet if I also fry some into a scone. Ahh ha, I need leaves raked. . . . .
Old 10-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by SaraSewing
I love fresh bread too. The problem is that when I make 2 or more loaves we don't get to it while it's still fresh. So I "have" to give it away. It's a great way for our neighbors to like me. I think it would be impossible to make just one loaf - hardly worth the effort. My daughter and husband are coming this weekend. He will be my slave for the whole stay if I make him fresh bread. And kneel at my feet if I also fry some into a scone. Ahh ha, I need leaves raked. . . . .
If you make 2 loaves use one and make in into bread pudding. or cut in cubes toss with olive oil and herbs bake at 450 about 10 minutes. you have croutons.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:34 PM

Hadn't thought about croutons.....
Old 07-04-2011, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by diannemc
I have started making ciabatta bread..OH MY GOSH!!! It is good..I put cheese in it yesterday for the first time and it is great!! I am going to get as big as the house!..I am all by myself during the week and I just want to eat!!!!
Do you mind sharing your ciabatta recipe? i've tried a couple and haven't been real happy with the results. I know it's a very soft dough.