Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Springtime Herbs >

Springtime Herbs

Springtime Herbs

Old 04-04-2024, 08:45 AM

Default Springtime Herbs

I love those early, springtime herbs that are only really good for a couple of months, then they fade from the menus.

French Tarragon, young dill and Chervil come to mind. Chamomile is another one. Any others?
Old 04-05-2024, 02:33 AM

I plant a container garden each year with rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil, sage, cilantro. and chives.
Old 04-05-2024, 05:37 AM

I still have my rosemary from 8 years ago, she bloomed this winter out in my garage under grow lights. That surprised me as I didn't realize rosemary bloomed. I still have dried thyme, basil and parsley in my cupboard though I grow parsley just because it looks nice out in a pot. In fact I think I have 3 pots of parsley now in my garage waiting to come outside once the temps get warm enough. Also chives I keep around. Haven't grown oregano or sage in a couple years so maybe I'll plant some of those also. After all these years and now that I'm retired and have lots of time, I'm learning about how to use herbs in my cooking. Same for my sister, we're both learning how herbs enhance food. Who would have thunk?