Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Want the Taste of Fudge In A Hurry?  Like in Two Minutes? >

Want the Taste of Fudge In A Hurry? Like in Two Minutes?

Want the Taste of Fudge In A Hurry? Like in Two Minutes?

Old 02-17-2010, 09:07 AM

I make this fudge in no time for my pets and me! The recipe only makes 9 (!!) servings so I double it. You will love it and you gotta try it! Like the small amount that it makes because sometimes you may just want a tiny bit.

Fast Fudge

2 Tb. butter or margarine
1-1/2 tsp. baking cocoa
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp. milk
2 Tb. cr. p-nut butter (optional)

1) Melt butter and remove from heat.
Add cocoa; mix well
Add sugar; stir well
Add milk; stir well
Add peanut butter; mix well

2) Drop by teaspoonsful onto waxed paper. Flatten top or shape into patties
or balls. Eat right away or refrig til serving.

p.s. Roll in chocolate sprinkles for extra oomp! Enjoy!

here's a pic:

Fast Fudge
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10991[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-10991.jpe  
Old 02-17-2010, 10:29 AM

'Sounds delish!!!! I can't wait to try it out. I'm an habitual chocoholic!

One word of caution thought...You mentioned that you make this for yourself and your pets. My vet has told me, and I've read it too, that chocolate is lethal to dogs. Don't ask me why, but as I do understand it, there is some toxin formed in their digestive tract from the chocolate and it can kill them. I could never forgive myself for hurting one of mine and I know you feel the same.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:26 AM

Additionally, it builds in their system. So they might be fine for awhile, and then WHAM, they're dead. Proceed with caution....
Old 02-17-2010, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by shequilts
'Sounds delish!!!! I can't wait to try it out. I'm an habitual chocoholic!

One word of caution thought...You mentioned that you make this for yourself and your pets. My vet has told me, and I've read it too, that chocolate is lethal to dogs. Don't ask me why, but as I do understand it, there is some toxin formed in their digestive tract from the chocolate and it can kill them. I could never forgive myself for hurting one of mine and I know you feel the same.
I'm a real chocoholic and my Shih-Tzu, Bogey, goes wild over this sweet. The other dog does not care for sweets. Yes, I too have read that before, been told by vets and others and did some research. Some chocolates are worse for them than others. Only the deep dark chocolate is bad for them. Something in the cacao bean that triggers in the dog's immune system. I walk by faith and am a very strong believer and I know that any food that either of us consume is made safe by my faith so I have no fear. I can eat anything and they can and know we are covered. If I really believed otherwise, they wouldn't get any. Sometimes we just get a craving for that chocolate and it makes such a small amount. Thank you so much for your sweet concern! Appreciate that so much! I feel the canned dog food is just as fatal for them and the toxins in our food just as bad. So homemade is the safe way to go for them and for us. Let me know how you like it! It's deeelish for chocolate lovers like you and me!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-17-2010, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by MissTreated
Additionally, it builds in their system. So they might be fine for awhile, and then WHAM, they're dead. Proceed with caution....
Thanks, MissTreated! Will have to go back and reread some more. Sure don't want that. Our pets are everything! Did remember reading that some of Kraft Foods chocolate was off-limits. It had a list of safe chocolates and those food producers to be leery of for your pets. Research sure has to be extensive any more to get to the truth of the matter. lol. Think I'll just hold off for now. He's getting a little too heavy anyway from table scraps and sweet treats.

:D :D
Old 02-18-2010, 06:54 AM

Chocolate can kill a dog. My friends dog got into the chocolate chips in her pantry. He ate half a bag. Emergency vet visit, over $1k and he didnt make it. So no chocolate for pooches :(

Easiest fudge recipe:
1 14 oz can of condensed milk
1 1/2 bags (12 oz bags) of chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
dash of salt

melt over low heat (takes about 2 minutes)
stir in: marshmellows? nuts? raisens etc.

place in wax paper lined 9" square pan or bread loaf pan.
refridgerate for 2 or more hours. turn out of pan, cut in bite sized pieces. Found this in a 1986 Bon Appetite magazine an Ad from Eagles Condensed milk. Everyone loves it, you can add what you like or simply leave it plain. Darned good.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
Chocolate can kill a dog. My friends dog got into the chocolate chips in her pantry. He ate half a bag. Emergency vet visit, over $1k and he didnt make it. So no chocolate for pooches :(

Easiest fudge recipe:
1 14 oz can of condensed milk
1 1/2 bags (12 oz bags) of chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
dash of salt

melt over low heat (takes about 2 minutes)
stir in: marshmellows? nuts? raisens etc.

place in wax paper lined 9" square pan or bread loaf pan.
refridgerate for 2 or more hours. turn out of pan, cut in bite sized pieces. Found this in a 1986 Bon Appetite magazine an Ad from Eagles Condensed milk. Everyone loves it, you can add what you like or simply leave it plain. Darned good.
Omigosh! Looks like no more sweet chocolate for my baby! He'll just have to fall in love with honey instead. Actually, I think no sweets for either of them. Made two sweet potato pies and the little one with wild over that and she doesn't like sweets but what could be sweeter than sweet potato pie? The veggies they love but no more chocolate after hearing this story. So sad for your friend's dog. Thanks so much Elisabrat for telling me of this~!!! Also, I've seen that recipe before also and thank you for posting it too. Others here may want to try that as well!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-18-2010, 01:01 PM

Oh my, and I just gave up chocolate for Lent. I'm printing this out and will have it on Easter Sunday. I thought about giving up quilting for Lent but seriously, 6 weeks with no quilting, I think not.

When I was in elementary school the nuns made us give up something for Lent. My choice was always beef stew, hated it.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Roberta
Oh my, and I just gave up chocolate for Lent. I'm printing this out and will have it on Easter Sunday. I thought about giving up quilting for Lent but seriously, 6 weeks with no quilting, I think not.

When I was in elementary school the nuns made us give up something for Lent. My choice was always beef stew, hated it.
So happy Roberta you are going to try and on Easter Sunday! It's a good reminder of how sweet the Lord is to us and the sacrifice He paid for all mankind at Calvary. I would give up television for Lent! In fact, there are many tvs here on cable but I rarely watch at all!! If I turn it on, it's something clean like the weather. That's about it. Let me know how you love it after Easter! Love your dog too!

:D :D :D
Old 02-18-2010, 05:52 PM

Chocolate is very bad for dogs, causes liver damage.
Vet said one M&M for a small dog can cause problems.
I have a sick little dog now, may have to have put down.
My heart just breaks thinking about it.