Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Want the Taste of Fudge In A Hurry?  Like in Two Minutes? >

Want the Taste of Fudge In A Hurry? Like in Two Minutes?

Want the Taste of Fudge In A Hurry? Like in Two Minutes?

Old 02-19-2010, 07:04 PM

Forget fudge for a minute....just found my Hostess Twinkie recipe....who wants it? anyone?....Then there's that delectable "Ding Dong Cake" recipe and it took many months to find the perfect Whoopie Pie recipe after trial and error. Any takers on this? :D :D
Old 02-19-2010, 07:28 PM

I'd love to have those recipes! Yum! And caramels and pecans added to the fudge! Oh, my!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:50 PM

I am gaining weight as I read.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by bjcombs2022
I'd love to have those recipes! Yum! And caramels and pecans added to the fudge! Oh, my!
First, I've got to give you this one! It's everyone's favorite! We had one after dinner tonight. It's "Wendy's Frosty!!!" Here it is:

Wendy's Frosty

Yield: 1 shake (don't double this recipe because it's easier in the blender to do single serves)

1/2 c. milk
2 c. vanilla ice cream
4 tsp. Nesquick choc. drink mix

Combine all in a blender, blend on med. speed stopping to stir several times with a long spoon (use wooden handled long spoon or we use the long ice tea spoons) to help the ingredients blend well. That's it!!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:51 PM

Here comes the Hostess Twinkie recipe. You just can't believe it's made with a cake mix but it's true. It's simple and easy.

Hostess Twinkie

non-stick spray
4 egg whites
1 box golden pound cake mix
2/3 c. water

For the filling:

2 tsp. very hot water
rounded 1/4 tsp. salt
2 c. marshmallow creme (one 7-oz. jar)
1/2 c. shortening
1/3 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla

1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

2) Fold each piece of aluminum foil in half twice. (You need ten 12x14 inch pieces of alum. foil, a pastry bag or baggie and a toothpick). Wrap the folded foil around the spice bottle to create a mold. Leave the top of the mold open for pouring in the batter. Make 10 of these molds and arrange them on a cookie sheet or in a shallow pan. Grease the inside of each mold with a light coating of nonstick spray.

3) Disregard the directions on the box of cake mix. Instead, beat the egg whites until stiff. In a separate bowl combine cake mix with water and beat until thoroughly blended (about 2 min). Fold egg whites into cake batter and slowly combine until completely mixed.

4) Pour the batter into the molds filling each one about 3/4 inch. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 min. or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

5) For the filling, combine the salt with the hot water in a small bowl and stir until salt is dissolved. Let this mixture cool.

6) Combine the marshmallow creme, shortening, powdered sugar and vanilla in a med. bowl and mix well with an elec. mixer on high speed til fluffy. yum.

7) Add the salt solution to the filling mixture and combine.

8) When the cakes are done and cooled, use a toothpick or skewer to make three small holes in the bottom of each one. Move the toothpick around the inside of each cake to create space for the filling.

9) Using a cake decorator or pastry bag, inject each cake with filling through all three holes.

Makes 10.

JFYI, the twinkie is Hostess' best seller and their injection machine fills as many as 52,000 every hour!

This recipe book was a gift to me and I've barely even looked at it so this is a great opportunity to check it out as I type!

Enjoy! Bon Appetite!
:D
Old 02-19-2010, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by sewgull
I am gaining weight as I read.
It's only in our thoughts we gain weight; not in our body! My weight just always stays the same, but these sweets are not good for us so consume at your own risk! Try to discipline yourself. At least that's what I try to convince myself of! lol.

:D :D
Old 02-19-2010, 09:59 PM

I shouldn't have seen this thread!!! All I can say as I'm printing all of the recipies is YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
I'll look like this when I'm done. :)) OK, it doesn't know how to do the double chin on here. Just put : & ) & ) together and you can get what I mean. :)
Old 02-19-2010, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Forget fudge for a minute....just found my Hostess Twinkie recipe....who wants it? anyone?....Then there's that delectable "Ding Dong Cake" recipe and it took many months to find the perfect Whoopie Pie recipe after trial and error. Any takers on this? :D :D
The Ding Dong Cake is out of this world! The bad side is that it takes three hours to make, but it's well worth the time. The cake and the whoopie pies - don't have my hard copies handy but will find them. I lost these two recipes when we restored my computer back to day one but I have back-up hard copies.

The whoopie pies are so fabulous and found that they are better eaten frozen! Yes, that's right. They thaw in your hands while you eat and they never freeze very firm so it's a soft type freeze which is refreshing to eat a frozen one on a warm day. I just hope I find all the whoopie pie recipes and my notes of each one. I think I found the ultimate whoopie pie recipe. I'll let you be the judge. And I found that in different parts of the country they are called by different names so it was interesting to say the least.

I'll just start a different thread for these two recipes because we'll need it. Hope to find them soon.

:D :D
Old 02-19-2010, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Janis
I shouldn't have seen this thread!!! All I can say as I'm printing all of the recipies is YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
I'll look like this when I'm done. :)) OK, it doesn't know how to do the double chin on here. Just put : & ) & ) together and you can get what I mean. :)
Omigosh, Janis! This is so much fun! I've never had time before to look thru all the cookbooks collected and recipes (I just keep collecting) and I don't care if I gain or how much at this point. Just think, I haven't even touched on Milky Ways, Snickers, Almond Joy yet!!!!!!! Also, you guys can visit Todd's site @ http://www.topsecretrecipes.com. Haven't been there in a long time and don't know if he has the same available there as he does in the book I have on it. I did get KFC's coleslaw recipe the last time I visited his site, but don't know if these recipes are there. Just check it out! We'll worry about weight gain later. haha. Cheers!

:-D :-D
Old 02-19-2010, 11:19 PM

I'm printing these recipies off, and thinking I need to try them up at my daughter's when I go up to visit, then I think.... "What am I getting my self into?" ... I started off making Oatmeal Bread, and German Coffee Cake when I go up there. Then I added Cream Puffs, and Pistachio Salad... and now I want to add more???? I have to make the other things sometime while I'm there, and now am making little loaves of the oatmeal bread with raisins, cinnamon and sometimes dried blue berries in little loaf pans for my 2 oldest grandchildren. Of course one of the large loaves of the oatmeal bread HAS to be cut with the electric knife to eat warm out of the oven, and there has to be a warm loaf cut loaf and taken to the next door neighbor who brings warm corn-on-the-cob over that they cook on the grill in the summer. YUMMMM!! I end up making at least 4 loaves of bread at a time, so there is some left over for a day or two....