Thread: 27 or 28 or ???
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 02:50 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MistyK View Post
What is the difference between the machines 301 and 301A and a 401 and 401A? Also what is the difference between the same model 301 and 301A. I hope that makes sense. Are there attachments that can be bought for them. I have been looking at some older machines. Apparently these are good machines to buy.
Mizkaki is right - there are ALSO 401G and 411G. they are made in Germany and are made to treadle. If you google search you will come up with pictures I posted on here - how cool is that? I have learned a lot since I posted.
The American machines are not made to treadle. Yes, you can get attachments, new cords and bobbins from Mizkaki or sew-classic - both are reliable to do business with. Yes the 401 and the 301 are good machines and the 500 is a good machine - I prefer the 403 and the 503 if you can find one of them. The 404 is also a very good machine and usually much cheaper than the 301 - both do straight stitch only. I do not have any machines for sale at this time. When I do I post them on Craig's List for sale locally. When I have time I work on machines locally.