27 or 28 or ???

Old 02-27-2012, 06:29 PM

I should also add that Miriam services and sells vintage machines...I'm not sure what she's got in stock right now, but you might ask her as well!
Old 02-27-2012, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
He's been ill and has some issues getting machines out to those that have sent theirs to him or purchased from him. Mizkaki is the one that you want to talk to about getting a vintage machine...she's an excellent person to do business with.
Very interesting and quite enlightening. Nice info on your blog. Thanks. From the sound of it shipping could be prohibitive. I will keep Mizkaki in mind. Seems like everyone is going for a Featherweight? and they are expensive on CL. Not sure but it doesn't seem to be as heavy duty enough. At least not for what some are asking for them.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:50 PM

Anytime that you buy a sewing machine that has to be shipped, it's going to be expensive. Try your local Craig's List... you can get some awesome machines there, for less money, and servicing these old ladies is easy.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:54 PM

Thanks. You are right about the shipping. Nothing is getting less expensive anymore.

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Anytime that you buy a sewing machine that has to be shipped, it's going to be expensive. Try your local Craig's List... you can get some awesome machines there, for less money, and servicing these old ladies is easy.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MistyK View Post
What is the difference between the machines 301 and 301A and a 401 and 401A? Also what is the difference between the same model 301 and 301A. I hope that makes sense. Are there attachments that can be bought for them. I have been looking at some older machines. Apparently these are good machines to buy.
Mizkaki is right - there are ALSO 401G and 411G. they are made in Germany and are made to treadle. If you google search you will come up with pictures I posted on here - how cool is that? I have learned a lot since I posted.
The American machines are not made to treadle. Yes, you can get attachments, new cords and bobbins from Mizkaki or sew-classic - both are reliable to do business with. Yes the 401 and the 301 are good machines and the 500 is a good machine - I prefer the 403 and the 503 if you can find one of them. The 404 is also a very good machine and usually much cheaper than the 301 - both do straight stitch only. I do not have any machines for sale at this time. When I do I post them on Craig's List for sale locally. When I have time I work on machines locally.