Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Feeling left out. >

Feeling left out.

Feeling left out.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:53 PM

WHATTTTTT??????????????? It's not a quilt because its not HAND QUILTED?????????????? Hey! You don't belong in that group, THEY are the ones that are missing out!
Old 04-29-2010, 04:58 PM

they must not be there for the right reasons. True quilters are not like that. Thats why i love this group....acceptence, patience. true concern, great advise and always someone to help you.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:37 PM

I belong to a quilt group (can't really be called a guild) that is wonderful. The friend who leads it is very talented and VERY generouse with her knowledge and her time. There is more than one guild in the area, but I wouldn't dream of demeaning their sacred groups with my presence! If I want to be treated like a leper, all I have to do is call one of my brothers, and I certainly don't have to pay dues to do it!!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:38 PM

I went to one guild meeting in my area. Unfortunately, it's the ONLY quilt guild in my area.

I know I took a shower before I went. Heck, I was cleaner than some of the women there! But somehow there was a four to five seat area all around me in a circle with no one sitting there. The guild president even ASKED a woman to "help" me- the woman did not speak ONE WORD to me the entire time!! I'm not real good at meeting new people, but no one would even look me in the eye!

So you all here are my guild. They can all stick it where the sun don't shine.

Oh...and I'm sorry they're treating you this way after all the time you've been in this guild. Sounds like someone is spreading rumors or something.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

How sad. That is their loss.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:57 AM

Depending upon the day and my mood, I can have a very perverse sense of humor. Given that type of treatment, I'd show up the at the next meeting, walk in boldly right up to the offenders, with a big "How ya doing tonight, ladies? SO good to see you again! You know, I think I'll just sit right down here with you so we can catch up. What's new?"

They'd either have to get up and move OR talk to me, one way or the other. Power mongers and bullies are, at heart, cowards and don't like to have someone shine the light on their behavior. At least, that's my experience. My advice is to get right back in their face!
Old 04-30-2010, 06:21 AM

This conversation reminds me of a story I heard many years ago. I don't really know if it happened or if it's just an urban legend, but it does have sort of a "moral" at the end.
Loretta Lynn was at a function where she was introduced to then President Richard Nixon. Instead of addressing him as President, she (allegedly)said, "Nice to meet you Richard." Well the press was all over that like ugly on an ape!!!! They were aghast that Loretta called the President by his first name!!! When she was asked about it, she said, "Well, they called Jesus "Jesus", didn't they?"

I honestly hope this is true and not an urban legend because it makes me see that we, here on Earth, are all just people, whether we are the leader of the greatest country that has even been on the face of the Earth, or snobby quilt guild members! :-)

(((((HUGS))))) from someone who has been snubbed too. Don't let it get to you. Keep doing what you love girlfriend!
Shelia
Old 04-30-2010, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

I am guild president. It's a juggling act not to be bossy and not to be a push over. There are many tasks that need to be done and I know the ladies that will help if asked. So who do you think I ask to do guild stuff? Then I get well it's always so and so that is asked to do something. Yeah, no one else volunteered when the help was needed. I now do a roll call for help. And ask each member if yes they will, or no not at this time. Believe me those lists when presented to anyone that raises the issue of only certain members getting to be involved have done all the talking for me. It's the same names over and over that say yes. And then I get their complaints that they are the only ones that help out. I don't have much time at meetings to chat with with new members but I make a point of emailing or calling them to find out if they enjoyed the guild.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Shelia
This conversation reminds me of a story I heard many years ago. I don't really know if it happened or if it's just an urban legend, but it does have sort of a "moral" at the end.
Loretta Lynn was at a function where she was introduced to then President Richard Nixon. Instead of addressing him as President, she (allegedly)said, "Nice to meet you Richard." Well the press was all over that like ugly on an ape!!!! They were aghast that Loretta called the President by his first name!!! When she was asked about it, she said, "Well, they called Jesus "Jesus", didn't they?"

I honestly hope this is true and not an urban legend because it makes me see that we, here on Earth, are all just people, whether we are the leader of the greatest country that has even been on the face of the Earth, or snobby quilt guild members! :-)

(((((HUGS))))) from someone who has been snubbed too. Don't let it get to you. Keep doing what you love girlfriend!
Shelia

What a lovely story!! I sure hope it's true!! :D
Old 04-30-2010, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by QBeth
Depending upon the day and my mood, I can have a very perverse sense of humor. Given that type of treatment, I'd show up the at the next meeting, walk in boldly right up to the offenders, with a big "How ya doing tonight, ladies? SO good to see you again! You know, I think I'll just sit right down here with you so we can catch up. What's new?"

They'd either have to get up and move OR talk to me, one way or the other. Power mongers and bullies are, at heart, cowards and don't like to have someone shine the light on their behavior. At least, that's my experience. My advice is to get right back in their face!
Tee Hee - sounds like something I did once at a PTA event.