Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Feeling left out. >

Feeling left out.

Feeling left out.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:49 PM

Ps. - ((((HUGS))))) to all of ya'll on this thread, and this site. I appreciate each of you for the good things you bring to the board, and for all the good thoughts that ya'll share. You have all boosted my spirits in ways I can't even begin to list...Thank you all for that!
Old 05-02-2010, 06:52 PM

I cannot tell you how sorry I am about his leukemia ... I do NOT want to live not even one moment on this earth without my husband.

*hugZ*
Old 05-02-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by DianD
Ps. - ((((HUGS))))) to all of ya'll on this thread, and this site. I appreciate each of you for the good things you bring to the board, and for all the good thoughts that ya'll share. You have all boosted my spirits in ways I can't even begin to list...Thank you all for that!
Me too. I'm here everyday. Way too much as DH says. If I like something I comment on it. If I don't I wouldn't ever thing of hurting someones feelings. Everybody has their own style & taste in things. Old guard would probably drop a gold brick because I put lots of machine embroidery into some of my quilts but hey thats my style. I found a wonderful bunch of ladies here where I live & we all do our own thing. Hoping you find your niche.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Banned

I am so sorry that happened to you, I have always been a loner so lonely was what I was, and I felt always out of place. this board is the only place were it felt like I was welcomed with opened arms, I am so glad you are here, with all these wonderful people. because I know how much that treatment hurts. God bless. and a big hug. Penny
Old 05-03-2010, 04:56 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

I am so sorry to hear that you were treated like that. Sometimes it only takes one person dripping some verbal poison to sway a group. So mature, you would think that these people would have grown up since high school. If some of these people were suppose to be your "friends" then count yourself lucky that you are out of there. Who needs such cruel, shallow people in their life anyway. Stay here where you are cared about.
All that being said, I am sure it was a very hurtful experience and I am so sorry you had to go through that.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:17 AM

Sorry they were so rude to you. Having spent many years in military service, I can assure you that service members are not so snobbish. They greatly appreciate acknowledgment of their service. Guess my response would be " It is a good thing God is not so fussy, there would be a lot fewer people in the world>"
Old 05-03-2010, 06:50 AM

It's really sad when people feel left out. A possible solution would be to stick it out a few months and as new members join, try to be the one that makes them feel welcome and become friends with them.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:24 AM

It's amazing to me that some people can be so rude, so clannish and judgemental to newcomers ... we've ALL been out of HIGH SCHOOL for YEARS now !!

DON'T GIVE UP on finding another bee or guild to visit, and try another class & see how it goes !

I quit going to the big guild here a few years ago because if you didn't go to EVERY meeting and volunteer for EVERYTHING, they acted like you didn't exist. I work full-time & travel some, I couldn't devote that kind of time. Some of those "super-doers" just couldn't understand that ! Now I go to a local evening group when I can, and it's a LOT more fun ...

Quilting (or any hobby) should be our RESPITE from STRESS - NOT stress-inducing !!

So leave those snotty ladies in your rear view mirror !! :)
Old 05-03-2010, 07:58 AM

[

But, it's a relatively small town here (about 25,000), and I've lived here all my life (49 years) and plan to spend the rest of my years here as well, so I'm not going to cause a ruckus. They'll simply be known for what they have chosen to embrace.[/quote]

Maybe you should start a mens quitling guild and see what happens! LOL I am not above stirring up a little controversy (sp?) just to make a point!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:11 AM

r u kidding you do not need them. no one is perfect they prove that with their comments. Stay here and sit at our table it is huge. welcome from nh