Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How old is the oldest piece of fabric in your stash? >

How old is the oldest piece of fabric in your stash?

How old is the oldest piece of fabric in your stash?

Old 05-27-2010, 06:41 PM

goodness, I have some from my mom that is from the 30's or 40's. I have some old flour sacks from the 50's when the flour was sold in fabric bags, and I have some from the early 60's.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:00 PM

Can anyone post pictures of thier oldies but goodies? I am thrilled that I am not alone with the old stuff ;-)
Old 05-27-2010, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
As I was pulling out a piece of leftover fabric that was about 10 years old, I got to wondering how old y'all have fabric? My oldest pieces are from the 80's. I have a length of orange knit was was going to be a Halloween pumpkin but never made it, a piece of yellow flannel that would have been a nightie & a nice piece of stretch terry from when we wore those strapless rompers (yikes!!!! good thing I was skinny minnie back then! :-P ) ah the 80's gotta love them! So, what's your oldest????
some of the oldest i've had in my stash I know was over 40yrs
old cause K-mart stopped selling materialback before I graduated high school>An I have some that could be older that i have picked up at thrift stores that I know could be older than that I have a pink that has the little white dots on it an I know that it's most likely older than the piece from K-mart.I rember
having a dress when I was little made of some like the pink.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Banned

1974 I still have the box of fabric and two blocks for my BiCentennial quilt
Old 05-27-2010, 11:52 PM

When my mother died in 2003, got her stash of material. Found pieces that she used to make my school dresses from. Dated 1950's. Was surprised to see she had stashed for that length of time. Fun seeing some of those old fabrics. Not trying to work some into scrappy lap quilt.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:49 AM
Gal

Fabric which I have bought my self, has to be some of the original Holly Hobby fabric 100% cotton from the 70's 'Yikes' that makes me feel old!!!!!!!!

Gal
Old 05-28-2010, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Gal
Fabric which I have bought my self, has to be some of the original Holly Hobby fabric 100% cotton from the 70's 'Yikes' that makes me feel old!!!!!!!!

Gal
OH!!! My daughter had Holly Hobby when she was a small tike. She would love that!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by dizzy
As I was pulling out a piece of leftover fabric that was about 10 years old, I got to wondering how old y'all have fabric? My oldest pieces are from the 80's. I have a length of orange knit was was going to be a Halloween pumpkin but never made it, a piece of yellow flannel that would have been a nightie & a nice piece of stretch terry from when we wore those strapless rompers (yikes!!!! good thing I was skinny minnie back then! :-P ) ah the 80's gotta love them! So, what's your oldest????
old cause K-mart stopped selling materialback before I graduated high school>An I have some that could be older that i have picked up at thrift stores that I know could be older than that I have a pink that has the little white dots on it an I know that it's most likely older than the piece from K-mart.I rember
I don't remember KMart ever selling fabric but I do remember dotted swiss! Is that your pink with dots?
Old 05-28-2010, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by dizzy
I don't remember KMart ever selling fabric but I do remember dotted swiss! Is that your pink with dots?
I remember when Kmart and JCPenney both sold fabrics. ahhh the good ole days.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by ForestHobbit
Have my Mom's stash now and there are fabrics from my wee childhood and I am 66. That makes them late 40's.
Are you about ready to turn those fabrics into a '40s look quilt? Sounds like fun.