Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Will you be making your Christmas Gifts? >

Will you be making your Christmas Gifts?

Will you be making your Christmas Gifts?

Old 06-19-2010, 05:25 AM

I do make a lot of my gifts and will continue while ever I can. I do try to give useful practical gifts. Last Christmas I made custom fit quilted ironing board covers. I know a lot of people don't iron anymore but those who do love a well fitted ironing board cover.

We do purchased some gifts as you just can't make everything.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Power Poster

Haven't thought about it but I should be.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:01 PM

I am having hip replacement surgery just befort Christmas and my parents are coming up from FL to help me. This means I will be off work for 6-12 weeks--first time ever in my life!

This will be a year when most of my family will be "home" for Christmas so yes I am making them all something. Mostly lapquilts. I have three done and two more started. Trying to stick to simple patterns but great colors. Will need about seven.

Hubby's family is on their own. My husband wont shop without a gun held to his head and I will be working and getting ready for surgery. Last year I left it up to him after 23 years of dealing with their weird family. He stopped on the way to their house and bought them lottery tickets at a gas station. As they say, it's the thought that counts and now they know how much he thinks about them!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:13 PM

Last year I made most of the women in my family sofa quilts (My mom, my sister, my sister-in-law, bf's mom, bf's sister)bf's two aunts & my step-sister got bags (I ran out of time!!) I also made bags for the girls at work that I am friends with.

This year I'd like to make nice purses for the ones who got quilts last year, quilts for the bf's aunts, and probably simple wall-hangnings for my aunts (I have six aunts). Or maybe placemat/runner sets for folks instead of bags...

The bf takes care of shopping for the guys.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:01 PM

I am on the 3rd quilt of 4 for the
Grands for Christmas.
JBJ137 in SC
Old 06-19-2010, 06:40 PM

I plan to make some of them.

Margie
Old 06-20-2010, 08:22 AM

I have one done, one almost done & many more started in my head. I have had to make an excel spreadsheet to help me keep my ideas so I don't forget what I wanted to do and what I have done & for who and just as important where I put the finished or unfinished project. I have a bad habit of making something and putting it in a safe place and forgetting where that safe place is.

My family & some friends think I am crazy.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:22 AM

Yes Yes! I love to use my embroidery machine along with my quilting for gifts for my children and grandchildren. I have done quilts,table runners, FRS lace angels and much more.

They love when hubby and I work together on the projects. Yes my sweetie does a lot of ironing of fabric and completed blocks for me.
And then when we are all together we tell them all about the fun we have and laugh at each other for the goofy talk that goes on between myself and their Dad during the process. It helps to warm are days here in Wisconsin when we are rushing around trying to finish all the projects before Christmas.

I start planning my projects right after the holidays for next year.

I have to confess that we do some shopping but more for fabric and small things for the littlest of them.

O.K. I have to get back to my sewing room.

Good luck to you.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Banned

yes I will be making all the Christmas gifts this year, along with all the birthday gifts. God bless. Penny
Old 08-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Google Goddess

Are you making progress on your Christmas gifts?