Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat >

Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat

Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat

Old 06-20-2010, 06:10 PM

I am currently reading The Silent Cry by Anne Perry. It's a little hard to get into but I'm sticking with it. It is a historical mystery set in Victorian England. I've only read the first 20 pages. I enjoy mysteries, spy novels, historical fiction, biographies. I've read quite a few Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels. They are very light reading, usually a day to finish. It is often too hot to sew in the summer (my sewing room is upstairs!), so my serious reading season is just starting again.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:57 AM

I read Anne Perry too Dyer, I love her books,have read most of them,my library does carry all of hers.The Silent cry is excellent keep on reading.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by jolo
I read Anne Perry too Dyer, I love her books,have read most of them,my library does carry all of hers.The Silent cry is excellent keep on reading.
Thanks for the encouragement! It's the Cockney accent of one of the characters that is a bit hard. Just need to sit and read for an hour or two to get into it.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:34 PM

I love the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency books. I live in deep, deep south Texas and we have the same trees as Botswana -- go figure. We even have sausage trees down here!

Anyway, I feel like I can smell, taste, and feel Africa in the pages of these books -- almost feel dusty...AND I can't believe a MAN writes them!
Old 06-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jolo
I like the quilters books,but they are so exspensive and my library doesnt have any of them. Some times I am lucky enough for a friend to loan me one.
Most libraries will get books for you from other libraries in their system..ask about requesting books from your library
Old 06-21-2010, 04:41 PM

crafty...what a great idea....i dont belong to my library...its too far away...but do love to read patricia cornwell...have read them all..maeve binchy and rosamond pilcher...all of both of them...all of ann rice...lil strange..but i like them..lolthen my daughter turned me on to the twilight series.......gone again!..looking for something new and everyone has such good ideas to seek...thanks for the great info all...
Old 06-21-2010, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by wyldhare17
crafty...what a great idea....i dont belong to my library...its too far away...but do love to read patricia cornwell...have read them all..maeve binchy and rosamond pilcher...all of both of them...all of ann rice...lil strange..but i like them..lolthen my daughter turned me on to the twilight series.......gone again!..looking for something new and everyone has such good ideas to seek...thanks for the great info all...
Ann Rice is one of my FAVORITES...she can describe something like nobodies business!
Old 06-21-2010, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by BeagleMom
From Aunt Doggie:

I CAN'T beleive Not ONE OF You Quilters has mentioned any of the quilt novels!!!
Earlene Fowler is the WORLD's best! Her Benni Harper character is awesome!!Started with couple of her used books, and just bought the last two I was missing! Addicting!!

Clare O'Donohue has three quilting books that are great, and don't forget Terri Thayer's three books which I just started!
Then there is the series by the author EVERYONE knows, Jennifer Chiaverini!

If you haven't picked up one of Earlene Fowler's books, you
need to do so now!!

I found Jennifer Chiaverini books today, but didn't get one because I didn't know which was the first one in the series is. I did not find any of the other authors mentioned above. Will try library.

I read Jodi Piccoult's "House Rules." Great book!

BeagleMom
Beagle Mom, I wrote on page one or two. About Emilie Richards and Jennifer Chiaverini. I don't think you went back far enough. You are the second person that said no one mentioned Quilt Novels, they were mentioned at the beginning for sure. Sometimes there are so many posts it is hard to read all of them. LOL

I have read almost the complete series by Jenniver Chiaverini and if you haven't read Emilie Richards, The Wedding Ring, Endless Chain, Lovers Knot, Touching Stars and Sarah's choice. They are her Shenandoah Collection, great novels.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:38 PM

jolo, now I have my nose in a James Patterson. The Worst Case, not much gets done when I start a book and I intend to read a lot this summer while I'm off work. Read "Two Little Girls in Blue" by MHC last year I think.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:26 AM

When there is a book in the house,guess what I am doing. If it is good I tend to read and leave everything else to gather dust. lol. I dont read books that have a lot or foul language and sex in them.I dont see that that helps a story .