Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it >

I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it

I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it

Old 06-23-2010, 05:06 PM

Finish it!!! You will be so glad you did. Sometimes it is hard to see the whole picture, but when it is done and in her hands you will be happy!!
Old 06-23-2010, 05:13 PM

If I really can't stand something and nothing is going right, I get rid of it. I don't have the time to worry about UFOs or fuss with things I DON'T want to do!

Wrap it all up together, all the parts and pieces, and give it to Goodwill. Some other quilter will discover a great FIND and be thrilled to finish it. :)
Old 06-23-2010, 06:05 PM

I think you need to finish it. It is lovely and I'm sure she will really enjoy it. Remember, it's a "piece" of you that your BFF will appreciate and keep forever.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:12 PM

I have not read all of the replies so if this is a repeat forgive me. I find when doing the scrappy quilts that a lot of the problem is the many different weights of the different fabrics move differently. When working with one line the fabrics all seem to move the same and therefore work together better. The way I deal with this issue is starch everything into cardboard and then I don't have those issues. It may help you with this project.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Power Poster

I think all quilts should be finished, if you don't want to give it to your BFF, then give it to someone else and make her one you really do like. I find by the time I finish a quilt I get use to seeing it and end up thinking it is pretty. I think by the time you finish it and quilt it you will think it is fine.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Dix

It is lovely and such a nice gift. Finish it!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

I always have a hard time working on things " I have" to do :cry: LOL And for me patterns are harder then if I just fly by the seat of my pants :wink:

Whatever you decide , it has to be the right decision for you
Old 06-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I have got to tell you all this. I have been thinking about this quilt a lot today and I started it before i joined the QB. You all have taught me a lot and I do mean a lot. If I had started this one now from scratch then it would be a no brainer and it would be done. I know what I did wrong and I didn't have the right tools back then. Nobody ever told me to starch or measure twice and cut once, so maybe this is why I am struggling because I know now what i didn't know then. I'm gonna try to get it done by oct 1st. and give it to my BFF. Thank you everyone your opinions mean the world to me. Carrie
Old 06-23-2010, 07:19 PM

I feel your pain!! I have one I'm working right now that is just TEDIOUS to the max. But, as I get closer to getting the top pieced, I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER! :)

I say either keep on keepin on, or start new and fresh, give yourself a break from this one. You could also do a row a week...just to keep motivated.

Best!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:35 PM

I'm a Flybaby...so as Flylady would say: You can do anything for 15 minutes. Set a timer for 15 minutes, work until the bell rings, and then walk away. It's amazing what you can do in 15 minutes.

The quilt is lovely. It's worth the effort.