Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it >

I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it

I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it

Old 06-24-2010, 03:46 AM

I think it looks great! Sometimes, when mine doesn't match--I still say- it is still a quilt- when it is done! Once it is put together, the matching doesn't matter to most people, they are thankful to have something handmade!!
Old 06-24-2010, 03:47 AM

This is one of those projects that I work on for 15 minutes a day!
I am then allowed to walk away! Even if you only sew a few days a week you will be surprized at how much you have accomplished at the end of a month.
this is how I get thru my UFO's
Old 06-24-2010, 03:49 AM

You know, life's too short to have to deal with something you don't enjoy--just chuck the darned thing:) I just did that, with completed pieced arcs, background fabric and templates for the centers and melons of a *big* double wedding ring quilt I'd been hanging on to for the past TEN years! It felt soooo good.

rusty
Old 06-24-2010, 03:57 AM

Please finish, it looks wonderful. If you don't want to complete it you can always send it my way
Old 06-24-2010, 04:14 AM

It is like doing dishes or some other job yu do not like particulay well, get started and soon you are done. Put on some mood music or movie and go for it. Sometimes haveing a distraction does help the mind to see something and solve it where the eyes are saying that is imposible.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:56 AM

Personally, I like it. I think the colors look good together, but it is a decision for you to make. I suggest that you do not toss it, put it away for a while if you have to and then you may want to come back to it. It really is pretty and I can see that the finished quilt will be very attractive. Good luck. I have been in that situation and I make myself finish the quilt. Somebody else always likes it.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I have got to tell you all this. I have been thinking about this quilt a lot today and I started it before i joined the QB. You all have taught me a lot and I do mean a lot. If I had started this one now from scratch then it would be a no brainer and it would be done. I know what I did wrong and I didn't have the right tools back then. Nobody ever told me to starch or measure twice and cut once, so maybe this is why I am struggling because I know now what i didn't know then. I'm gonna try to get it done by oct 1st. and give it to my BFF. Thank you everyone your opinions mean the world to me. Carrie
Yay! This is what we would consider a Learning Quilt. I think we all have a few of those! :lol: I can't wait to see a photo of it finished.

Oh, and for me it is Measure 3 or 4 times, cut once. ;-)
Old 06-24-2010, 05:26 AM

Good Morning,

Sure you can finish it. You only have to remember that the setting squares should match-up. The beige sashing can be adjusted length-wise and no one will notice.
Wishing you well,

Quilter68
Old 06-24-2010, 05:29 AM

If you decide to scrap it, please don't toss it. There are plenty of places that you could donate it where they teach children to quilt.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:33 AM

I would finish it. Appologize to you friend and just give it from your heart, she will understand. I think it looks great myself.