Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it >

I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it

I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it

Old 06-25-2010, 05:56 AM

If you are going to chuck it, I have an empty trash can!! It's so pretty!!!! Getting bored with a project is the worst that can happen for sure and boy do I understand. I have a T-shirt I got from Keepsake, says Queen of Unfinished Projects!!!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:05 AM

come ooooooonnnnnnnnnnn!! YOU can do it!! Did you know that the basic need for anyone is the feeling of accomplishment?? Just imagine how it will feel to know you FINISHED it!-----------have some chiliverde------;-)
Old 06-25-2010, 06:30 AM

Only a year and a half... your doing good. I've been working on my friends wedding quilt 3 years ago now and still don't want to go near it. I have taken it with me for 3 years to a quilt retreat and that is the only place I work on it... and that is only because that is all I bring to work on to try to force myself to get some of it done. This year though I decided enough is enough... it has now gone from Queen size down to a lap so I could stop making the center squares! I just have to add borders now but I have all the 1-3 inch strips cut so she is getting a piano key border from them so there it isn't wasted.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
come ooooooonnnnnnnnnnn!! YOU can do it!! Did you know that the basic need for anyone is the feeling of accomplishment?? Just imagine how it will feel to know you FINISHED it!-----------have some chiliverde------;-)
Do you got some? If so I am on my way. Now how do I get there?
Old 06-25-2010, 08:28 AM

Gee, if you decide to throw it away and start over with something else, I'll take it off your hands!! I think it's beautiful! I'd be happy to finish it. PM me if you do decide to chuck it.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:33 AM

Go and start another quilt! Leave that one for some other time!
Old 06-25-2010, 11:20 AM

I think your on the right track setting the deadline for Oct. and just working on it a little at a time between other projects or 15 min. a day. You said it when you said you didn't have the tools when you started it but look how you've grown since coming here. You will love it when its done I think.
Muriel
Old 06-25-2010, 11:39 AM

I would finish it........... I have been there done that.
You know when the quilting is done on it the quilt will look very dif......... Please do finish it. you my be very suprised. The quilt looks good to me.
Please keep up posted and looking forward to seeing the end results.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:45 AM

I think it looks great, but I do know what your feeling. If it's given you 'bad karma' so to speak, then do another quilt for your BFF- one that makes you happy. I would either make this into a square table topper- do a few more blocks and that will also give you practice. Or if you really are hating this whole project, finish it up as a triangular matel scraf, or an end table topper. I will remind you that when you top quilt, all 'mistakes' usually disappear, so it's not a wasted project and it will look great no matter how you finish it.
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 06-25-2010, 11:50 AM

I really like what you have done so far! Is it just not what you envisioned? I hate for you to work on something you dread, but if I were your friend, I would like it!