Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's your current project? >

What's your current project?

What's your current project?

Old 06-27-2010, 09:32 AM

I'm attempting a Lone Star quilt for me bedroom. Colors are blues/beige. Hopefully it will be finished before I die...lol. Lots of triangles ...wow! 580 I think cut out so far.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Banned

i'm still working on my scrappy. lately its been slow going with my son staying here, then i just lost my best friend. :-(
Old 06-27-2010, 01:10 PM

I am finishing the hand-quilting on the border of a quilt made of hand-dyed fabrics that were done by myself and a couple of local ladies I was trying to teach quilting to in Vanuatu. We called ourselves the Port Vila Quilters and decided to make this quilt to raise money for our local Ambulance/emergency response charity. Since neither of the ladies even knew how to use a sewing machine, it was slow going even though I chose a simple pattern to piece. It never got past the cut-out stage and was put away when one of the two ladies passed away. I recently got it out when packing our house to move back to the States, and decided I needed to finish it. I am calling it "Remembering Violet" in honor of our friend, and am taking it back to Vanuatu with me in about 5 weeks where I will chair a fundraiser and either auction it, or raffle it. The other lady isn't aware I have done this, so I hope she will be pleased.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:46 PM

I am trying to start a project but can't find the magazine with the quilt in it...HELP Everyone...PLease!!!
I believe it was a Fall issue or early spring and I can't remember the magazine. It was on the cover and it was shades of dark, medium & light blue 1/2 square triangles...I am so sorry I can't remember for sure when it was but I do know it was on the cover. This is defitnately a SOS...I ahve all the material and I believe it was 2009 maybe summer/fall///Thanks everyone for checking for me....
Old 06-27-2010, 02:27 PM

Was it a magazine, or quilting book? Were there any other colors or identifying parts you can remember? I subscribe to several mags, but could use a little more description. Are you sure it was 2009?
Old 06-27-2010, 02:46 PM

I have a french braid that I am working on that needs a border, and I want to applique a vine of flowers on it, and I am working on a quilt that the designer signed the pattern for me. Its an applique sampler that is for the wall in my living room. The french braid is in blues and browns, and the applique is all batiks on a white background. It is a lot of fun. Can't wait till I have enough done to post pics.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:35 PM

Just received my first Quilt for Kids project. The fabric is adorable with dalmations and fire hydrants. Looking forward to starting the process tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:09 PM

I have leventy hundred and 12 projects going and most need finishing before Christmas!! Two are baby quilts, one is queen size with applique cardinals for my Mom, One queen and a twin are for my MIL a vertical sashed 4 patch and a patience corner quilt. Another kingsized quilt for a wedding that is a mock log cabin. Several wall hangings and table runners and a kingsized bed quilt for my hubby and me and 2 crochet baby blankets. I wish I were twins!!! HA!!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Power Poster

I am working on a storm at sea but am having a hard time because I bought my material without having a pattern and did not buy enough of each and then when I went to start it I could not find a pattern. I have since been given seveal patters or instructions but my already cut pieces are not matching up so I have had to put it aside so that I don't give up on it.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:04 AM

Dog Lover: You dogs are just beautiful. Getting ready to finish a quilt I Started for my niece in 1996 when she grad from HS. She recently grad. from Law School, so I need to get the lead out. CFIDS unfortunately rules my day. I am on a generic form of Ritalin for energy and rarely take it for fear of it losing its use. But, decided tonight, I was going to start taking it all of the time. I don't have an addictive personality when it comes to taking meds---now if was chocolate---a different story. :)