Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
When you buy fabric at Wal-Mart... >

When you buy fabric at Wal-Mart...

When you buy fabric at Wal-Mart...

Old 06-30-2010, 02:22 PM

Same here....I have bought lots of fabric at Walmart...especially if it's $1-1.50 yd....and give to my mother to use. As long as it seems good quality and colors I will use ..I get it. I have bought the solid colors at JoAnn's and Hancocks on sale for the same price and their quality was about the same.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:44 PM

love, love, the quilt of the month fabrics just have to be careful but i probably have 50-70 of them just waiting to be cut and sewn
Old 06-30-2010, 03:11 PM

I have bought my share of Wal-Mart Fabric and have not had quality problems.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:31 PM

My Wal Mart went from a nice fabric section to a tiny one. We were told that because the next fabric store is over 20 miles (actually 25 miles) away they wouldn't change it. It turned out differently. I still buy supplies there if I can find what I want.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I buy and use Walmart fabric when I can find one that still has it. I try to purchase the 100% cottons that have been marked down. As far as the name on it, I could care less. If I like it I get it;if I like it a lot, I get a lot. The "names" don't mean much because I've seen major name brands that I wouldn't bring home for free. I just go by what I like.
Me, too. And I just got informed this week that next year when our store does ANOTHER remodel, that we will lose our fabric. They just weren't told when next year.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:03 PM

Every so often this rumor keeps popping up, I'd say for about 5 years. Every time I go to my Walmart I ask, and they laugh and say not hardly, they keep getting in shipments and are constantly putting some on the shelves. They even did a remodel and I held my breath but fabric never left. In the new Walmarts that open they are not putting in the fabric area. My friend and I check it out every time we hear a new store has gone in. For a major city, fabric stores are getting scarce. Hancocks are all gone, Joann has closed most in the inner city, some left farther out. There are some LQS but I can not afford the prices.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

My w/m doesn't sell fabric anymore. I am sad about that.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:18 PM

I love your name ! Rapture ready !! So am I !! I feel the same as you about fabric as well. Here in my area of VA. all WalMarts have done away with there fabric,but I would do the same. Buy what I like and leave the rest !
Old 06-30-2010, 05:40 PM

i don't have much trouble with wallmart fabric. i go to hobby loby now and have found the same fabric for about half the price as wallmart plus they run a lot of great sales on there fabric i also shop in our local variety store name brand material is only 3.65 a yard but it is flats instead of bolts which means ends and i do look at the fabric before i buy it they alway give me a discount if there is a problem with it
Old 06-30-2010, 07:03 PM

I too like the David Textiles and really feel very lucky .Two WM's here have wonderful fabrics and one carries the QOM by DT with a free pattern. This month is all pink and brown and lots of polka dots and a stripe ..very cute It is called "Cuddle Me" The price is $2.97 a yd

I went the other day and they had already sold a lot off the bolts, They had 2 previous patterns still available.

I once again thank BellaBoo and Piledriver who brought the info about WM QOM to my attention and Piledriver who sent me one of the materials I was missing. How kind was that ?

Hugs SG