Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Nine Patch Project >

Nine Patch Project

Nine Patch Project

Old 07-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Google Goddess

Everyone is welcome on the links. I am working on my disappearing 9 patch lap quilt for this project going to make it reversible!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:08 AM
Power Poster

I can't wait to see everyones quilts :D:D:D
I am behind but plan on catching up next week :wink:
Old 07-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Power Poster

Is there a place to put pictures yet ? I would love to see how they all are coming along ... maybe I missed it somehow I lost this topic :oops:
Old 07-03-2010, 07:54 AM

Sharon we have been posting pictures in this thread. If you go to the activities page-
http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...jsp?gracnum=59

I have posted links to the pictures next to each person's name. This way you don't have to search the whole thread for them. :D
Old 07-03-2010, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNancy
So this nine patch project is addicting? oh yes.... here are some of mine. My stash does not seem to be going down thought, hmmm....
GrammaNancy....that 2nd to last set of blocks is fabulous...I fell in love with it...but how did you do that? is the 4p and the strips the sashing and cornerstones....I don't understand how you made it.....thanks for any instructions...hugs SG
Old 07-03-2010, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Terryl
Stitchinjoy, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your quilt
me too!!!! hugs SG
Old 07-03-2010, 12:45 PM

This message is for Quilt Queen 2 or anyone who can help me.Regarding your beautiful blocks

I feel like such a dunce ....i have read this thread avidly...I love the nine patch but do not see how you call that a nine patch.....because it has that 4p in it. sorry but I am really confused...I asked GrammaNancy how she made hers....What am I missing??

Also I have tons of scraps but they are a mess and in several different boxes. Where do I start to get them organized ....i read that you make certain sized strips and sqs...is there a formula for organizing your scraps???? Please help and thanks....all of you on the 9P project are making beautiful blocks and quilts...hugs SG
Old 07-03-2010, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimer girl
This message is for Quilt Queen 2 or anyone who can help me.Regarding your beautiful blocks

I feel like such a dunce ....i have read this thread avidly...I love the nine patch but do not see how you call that a nine patch.....because it has that 4p in it. sorry but I am really confused...I asked GrammaNancy how she made hers....What am I missing??

Also I have tons of scraps but they are a mess and in several different boxes. Where do I start to get them organized ....i read that you make certain sized strips and sqs...is there a formula for organizing your scraps???? Please help and thanks....all of you on the 9P project are making beautiful blocks and quilts...hugs SG
Oh ladies...my apologies to all. I just watched a tutorial on the dissappearing 9 patch and I now understand where that 4p came from.....if you realign them up that way...so my problem is solved ....I am sooo thickheaded....I thought you made that 4p and the strips.....um...duh!!!! Sorry to have bothered you all. I can hardly wait to try it ....thanks for the tutorials on the 1st page,...hugs again to all of you..SG

PS I would like to know how to start getting my scraps in order or is there a tutorial for that too????
Old 07-03-2010, 03:02 PM

swimer are you doing the 9P project with us? If so I will add your name to the activities page. I may have missed your request, if so I am sorry. :oops:
Old 07-03-2010, 03:07 PM

Here is an article about organizing scraps-

http://quiltville.com/scrapusersystem.shtml

Hope that helps.