Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilt do you have that you've made? >

How many quilt do you have that you've made?

How many quilt do you have that you've made?

Old 06-27-2010, 06:33 PM

I have... one.... every other one was a gift.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Power Poster

I have a very small number out of all I have made, gave most away. I couldn't store them, just as well I give them to family and friends who don't sew or quilt. My kids,Grands,Great Grand have quite a few and I'm making 6 more to give away by Thanksgiving.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:22 PM
Power Poster

I'm pretty much with Sharon b
Old 06-29-2010, 05:29 AM

I own a small wall hanging that started out as someone's UFO at Guild. I also have a Log Cabin that I got back when my MIL passed away, but the colors aren't me. All the rest I've made go to charity. Yes I think that's sad, and as I'm not getting any younger, I think that special quilt for myself had better get started! I am looking for a pattern to best ustilize some of my collection of Asians, hand dyed, and/or neutrals. Can anyone give me some ideas?
Old 06-29-2010, 05:32 AM

DH can mean either 'Dear' or 'D**n, depending on the day!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:45 AM

Granniebj: I am so sorry about losing your son along with the awful sadness that you endured. You will see him again though and right now his heart is with you. Did he ever know that you were working on his quilt or see any or it? I am glad his quilt is with him. That was a very good idea and I know it made you feel better knowing a piece of you is with him.

You sound like me, I make quilts for everybody else at my expense from my heart, for my all of my family. I haven't made the first for me yet. And I feel really good about it, the only thing is, I still have more I want to make for family that I have not gotten around to yet. So far my DH hasn't said anything yet, but I know it's coming. I can read his body language.

You are a good person with a loving heart. Stay humble like you are, God will richly bless you. :)
Old 07-05-2010, 06:11 AM

I have made about 16 quilts, kept one but have one in the works for about 4 years. I embroderied the squares and that took 2 years. then had to put every thing aside when my husband got so sick. I hope to finish it within the next 2 years, it's quite large so it will take a long time. I don't quilt much in the summer so will try to get back to it this winter.