Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can you stand your own picture? >

Can you stand your own picture?

Can you stand your own picture?

Old 07-08-2010, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
Originally Posted by sharon b
At the moment I hate my pic... I have put on a lot of weight.... you would think that would induce me to lose weight :oops: NOT

I have given up trying to lose weight. I COULD be the healthiest person on the planet and get hit by a bus....so I am going to enjoy my ice cream, macaroni and cheese and all that other good stuff. My husband thinks I am the most gorgeous woman on the planet. I will not argue.
I love your attitude! And you are the type of person that we all want to spend time with!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 02:37 PM

I got really upset after a company function when I had said "please don't" and then found out that they took some covertly.
I mean really....how do they know...maybe I am in the witness protection program or something! 8-)
I think you should respect others when they request not to be in photos.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:36 PM

I HATE having my photo taken. Probably stems from a FORMER boyfriend telling me my senior photo made me look like "dogs--t rolled in oatmeal." At the time, I wondered how he knew what THAT looked like and then I kicked his butt to the curb. Now my smile in a photo looks like I'm in extreme pain and can't seem to change it.....oh well, it's more comfortable behind the camera.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:38 PM

Do you still have the serger? Hotmail sent all of my mail back and said that it was undeliverable. I assume that you have sold it already. I always hide behind someone in pictures. Former wickn34 now [email protected]

Norma
Old 07-08-2010, 03:42 PM

I look much different than when I was young....so sometimes I don't like to see my pictures. But I have become pretty resigned to the fact that I now have gray hair, wear glasses, and am 50 pounds heavier than I was 15 years ago. So, I'm OK with my pictures now.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:46 PM

Looked at some of the pictures my daughter put on facebook and decided I need to lose at least half of me! The sand in my hourglass has definitely shifted...to the middle.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:47 PM

I agree about the pics- but video is even worse!
Old 07-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

I'm with Ann Clare but know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I think I look a little bit better as I age but still don't seem to have any pictures taken of me. My youngest son has mentioned that they need pictures of me..
Old 07-08-2010, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
I want to know why men get better with age......and women just get older? :roll: :roll:
depends on the man....seen some really icky ones walking around !!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:44 PM

I hate seeing my pictures, when I see one someone will say, Gee it looks just like you, and I say, that is what I hate about it. But I am rarely in pictures mostly because I own the camera. When my son was a baby and I was constantly taking pictures I once told my husband, "promise me you will tell him I was there" since we have not photographic evidence that I was even at the hospital when my son was born.