Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
2010 International Quilt Festival,  Long Beach CA - July 23-25 >

2010 International Quilt Festival, Long Beach CA - July 23-25

2010 International Quilt Festival, Long Beach CA - July 23-25

Old 07-08-2010, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Last year there were 2 eating areas. There was one upstairs, near the entrance to the auditorium and the other was on the floor I think on the bottom far left corner from the stairs. I met a couple ladies last year and we ended up at both eating areas!!!
There are more food choices upstairs. Maybe we can meet up there? As you come up the stairs, the food area is to the left. It might be easier to meet on the right hand side because there will be less people milling about. There was an info desk to the right and then behind that an area that didn't have a lot in it. How does about 15 or 20 feet behind the information desk (I am assuming that things will be set up like they were last year)
Maybe shoot for a 12:30 or 1:00 time frame?
Sounds good to me.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:57 AM

I think that a couple days before (not now, too soon, I will lose them) we should send a PM and give out a cell number and maybe also describe (on this thread) what we will be wearing so that we can find each other.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I think that a couple days before (not now, too soon, I will lose them) we should send a PM and give out a cell number and maybe also describe (on this thread) what we will be wearing so that we can find each other.
I was thinking the same thing. I would hate to miss the meet up, because I went to the wrong area. LOL
Old 07-08-2010, 10:23 AM

I'm hoping to be there on Friday as well. Will know in a couple of days if it will work out. I got the giggles when Gayle talked about last year's adventure. I was the one at the downstairs eating area, while she and Harmony were at the upstairs eating area. :-) There should only be ONE Information Desk on the top floor, so that sounds like a good place.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:37 PM

I'm looking to see if anyone might be driving westward on the I-40 corridor through Needles, CA that I could tag along with from there to go. I'd really like to get down there to try out some long arm machines - & of course some mid-arms also - but I really hate the drive on the I-40 since my rollover off it out in the middle of the desert two years ago. ..And, once you hit the traffic from about Cajon Pass on it just never stops all the way to the ocean. It's a good 5-6 hour drive from here, but there just isn't much in the way of public transportation out in these parts, & I think the drive all the way by myself would just do me in...

I could even meet someone close to Oak Hills at the top of the pass if I park at my daughter's there.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:01 PM

Anyone else thinking of going to this show?
We would love to get together and meet.

I will be there on Friday, but if you plan on other days, respond here and try to meet up with others.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:40 PM

I'd like to go, but have other things going on at the same time, If plans change may PM one of you, if that's ok.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:16 PM

It's getting close!! Do we still want to meet upstairs at the food or behind the info desk on Friday at 12:30 til 1:00? I will gladly give out my number to who wants it.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by bertadel
It's getting close!! Do we still want to meet upstairs at the food or behind the info desk on Friday at 12:30 til 1:00? I will gladly give out my number to who wants it.
Sounds good to me. Just PM me and I will PM back with mine.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:29 PM

I will be there!!! Let's make it 1:00 about 15 feet behind the information desk. Last year it was up the stairs and as you come up it was on right side. I don't know what I am wearing but will probably be with 3 other friends and we may have a wheelchair (for me)