Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Took inventory, so to speak >

Took inventory, so to speak

Took inventory, so to speak

Old 07-24-2010, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
This is while I was getting organized. Since then, I have added quite a bit. I will take better pictures when I get all done.
I wish my fabric stash was as neat as Misty Marie's.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:33 AM

I am trying to keep my stash more in control, but I don't want to do away with it entirely. I sew a lot out of my stash, and since I live a good thirty minutes from a fabric store, I can't just run out and get something on a whim when I think of a small project I want to do or if I run out of something. Forces me to get creative.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
*sheepishly raises hand*

I love it!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 06:45 AM

QBeth.....I'm coming shopping at your house! Wow
Old 07-24-2010, 06:46 AM

I look at it as life insurance...I CAN'T die...I have too much faric to use up!
Old 07-24-2010, 06:46 AM

I am working on building a serious stash while I am still working full time and have the $. Only a few more years to retire and then lots of time and not so much $. That's my story and I am sticking to it!
Old 07-24-2010, 06:51 AM

I built it up and love to admire it. I remember reading a thread several months ago where members thought that a lady who had a trailer full of fabric was a horder and that she should donate her fabric so others could use it instead of it being stored.

I was bothered by this because those of us who do have a stash most likely have spent years collecting it, admiring it, feeling it - loving it. IF we choose to bless others, that is wonderful, but to feel in any way obligated to share our stash with others is unfair to expect from us. I have helped friends get started quilting and let them "shop" my stash, I have donated fabric for charity quilts, and I have passed on fabric to other quilters who I have met over the years.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I don't have a problem sharing with others either! However, after this thread (and I guess because of this thread), I got an unsolicited email asking for fabric. Didn't know the person or his or her circumstances. Just seemed a little, well, impolite to just ask for fabric without any further details. Wondering if others on this thread got the same PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:52 AM

I would kill to have the stash some of you have! My little stash couldn't even been called a "stash", LOL.

BUT, I have to say it IS growing by leaps and bounds! I've been finding some really great deals on ebay lately, and buying on there.

Also, my local Walmart has a scrap bin, it has end of bolt pieces, etc. and they mark it half off when they put it in there, and then they will mark it 50% off that when you buy it, sometimes more! So, I've been buying almost all of that,LOL! How can I not when I can get a yard of decent fabric for 50 cents!

I would love to come in some of your rooms and just roll around in your stash!LOL!

ETA: AND, my stash has grown since joining this board, ENABLERS!
Old 07-24-2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by ToucanSam
I built it up and love to admire it. I remember reading a thread several months ago where members thought that a lady who had a trailer full of fabric was a horder and that she should donate her fabric so others could use it instead of it being stored.

I was bothered by this because those of us who do have a stash most likely have spent years collecting it, admiring it, feeling it - loving it. IF we choose to bless others, that is wonderful, but to feel in any way obligated to share our stash with others is unfair to expect from us. I have helped friends get started quilting and let them "shop" my stash, I have donated fabric for charity quilts, and I have passed on fabric to other quilters who I have met over the years.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I don't have a problem sharing with others either! However, after this thread (and I guess because of this thread), I got an unsolicited email asking for fabric. Didn't know the person or his or her circumstances. Just seemed a little, well, impolite to just ask for fabric without any further details. Wondering if others on this thread got the same PM.
Wow! That is extremely rude. I belong to a scrapbooking message board and there were some "scammers" on there, doing stuff like that, it turned out that they were doing it on several boards.

Now, I'm not saying thats what this person was doing, maybe it was just someone that's a "forward" person?
Old 07-24-2010, 07:35 AM

where did you get the organizer bookcase?
Embarrassing to show my stash after seeing yours
Lois