Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
There is nothing I like better....... >

There is nothing I like better.......

There is nothing I like better.......

Old 07-25-2010, 04:41 AM

I love the smell, feel and look of fabric. I could spend an entire day in my lqs. But then, looking leads to buying!!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:58 AM

I just bought this pretty thing and I'm going to let it sit on my sewing table so I can admire it for a while before deciding what to do with it. I also brought it to my quilting group to share the eye candy.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Attachment-71318.doc (93.0 KB, 93 views)
Old 07-25-2010, 08:21 AM

Love the feel of it and the colors, every time you look at it you see different colors.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by PattyS
The most fun I have is finding someone who is selling fabric in yard sales, Craigslist and in Thrift stores. Of course you have to double check what you get but so far I have been lucky.
Craigslist!?! And I have only been looking at yard sales. Thanks!
Old 07-25-2010, 12:11 PM

OMG do I belong here or what! Yesterday I finished washing, pressing and folding that last of 20 yds worth of fat 1/4's (yes fat qtrs) I will be using for the fw's quilt, I still have the larger pieces to do but at least they won't be so time consuming. Now I have a completely FULL drawer (on one of those 3 drawer towers from Joann's)ready for cutting and sewing when we start in Aug.And a 2nd started of the larger pieces.
I started out this summer to re-organize my entire stash,meaning re-washing, pressing, folding because the son and dil moved out and I knew I'd be moving my sewing room back downstairs, so I started out by zigzagging raw edges and washing those pieces that had migrated up here over the winter. I've almost completed those other than the drawer of batiks and a few large yd pieces I have. Then this new project for the fw's came up so I decided to go through my stash of K.T.'s and do them, so now they are almost done.
That still doesn't begin to touch the 5 shelf unit I have of fabric or the other drawers. OMG will it ever end. I wish I had been smart like some of you and washed them as they came home, I did some but like a dummy I hadn't cut a corner or zigzagged the edges so alot of them I can't tell if they were done so here they go again.I am determined they will all get washed, pressed and folded now before they go in a drawer or onto the shelf.
My next project is I have a 4 day workshop with 5 different projects in Sept. so I am starting to pull those fabrics and make sure the are ready to go..... WOW.
My neighbor was over the other night, and she went shopping from my stash for a cousins wedding quilt, she sat looking around and asked so Muriel howmany 1000's of yards of fabric do you have, I told her I don't have a clue. Too darn many right now. I text her yesterday and told her about the 20 yrds of fats finished and the other 20 yrds to go and she text me back laughing and just calls me OCD.
The up side to this is with all this to do and school starting again the 18th maybe I'll be to busy to go to Joann's or LQS and maybe I'll not spend money this next month....yeah right
But that's my story and I'm sticking to it....lol
Muriel
Old 07-25-2010, 12:30 PM

I do that all the time. I travel a lot alone and the first thing I do is look for the quilt shops in the area and spend my weekends going to them and just touching fabric. I call it getting my "fix". Sometimes I don't buy anything but I always come away feeling a whole lot better. And the people in the shops are always so nice. I'm off to Dallas to check that area, there are some great shops there.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:12 PM

Me too! Love to handle fabric.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:16 PM

In April I traveled to Tasmania before I left I looked up LQS and I found one about 20 minutes away from our hotel.
I just HAD to go so I made my sister, mother, and two neices go with me.
We think fabric is expenisve here!!!! It was $29.99 a yard!!!
So I found some native fabric and bought enough FQ to make a small wall hanging.
When I got in the car I read the pattern and found out is was from Arizona USA!
That is about 5 hours away.
Everyone had a great laugh.
But the fabric was from Tasmania.
I also have to get new fabric from every where I go.
Love it!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Power Poster

I bring the fabrics home, wash them, then see what others they play well with, and off to the cupboard! Lots more fabric than I realize!
Old 07-25-2010, 05:13 PM

I love to touch fabric, I walk thru the LQS just feeling the fabric. I washed some batiks and really enjoyed going thru them and folding them. Life's simple pleasures.