Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Right now, nothing sounds better than quilting! >

Right now, nothing sounds better than quilting!

Right now, nothing sounds better than quilting!

Old 03-06-2010, 08:36 PM

So, I locked my keys in my car yesterday for the THIRD time this month, had to leave it at work over night, left my cell phone at work, spent most of the night at the hospital with my sister and nephew, went to sleep at 430am, woke up at 9am, worked ALL DAY on my feet....and all I wanna do know is sit on the couch and work on my appliques...
:)
Old 03-06-2010, 08:38 PM

YOU GO,GIRL!!!
Old 03-06-2010, 08:44 PM

when I lived down south, I locked my keys in the car so many times that when I called my friend and asked if she could send her son over to help me, she said " you gotta stop doing that, he's getting too good at breaking into cars..." :shock:
Old 03-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Power Poster

What a terrible couple of days. You need a hug. And lots of quiet time to sit and quilt.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:12 PM

Haha it's definitely been a crazy weekend! I'm getting lots done on my appliques tonight, yay!
Old 03-08-2010, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by ilovequilts
So, I locked my keys in my car yesterday for the THIRD time this month, ...:)
I "lost"my car keys about a month ago. Worked all day, got my stuff together to go home, and couldn't find the darn keys. Looked everywhere. Ripped desk apart, purse, etc. Called all the security numbers to see if someone found them. Posted a note on the main entrance. No luck.

Called AAA to unlock car in hope that I'd left the keys inside. Called my boyfriend to come get me - he ripped the car apart too. No luck. On the way home, we stopped off at the dealer and, using the VIN#, was able to get more keys made.

Next morning, I hopped a ride into work with a co-worker. When we go there, I made sure the new keys worked! Went inside, worked all day. Started getting stuff together to go home, including very large leather bag that I use to carry my computer. When I moved it, I put my hand under it for support. Felt something strange. Long story short, there was a hole in the lining of a side pocket; the keys were at the bottom of the bag between the leather and the lining! Errrrrr!!

I now keep an extra key in my wallet, thinking that I might "lose" either the keys or purse, but not both. DBF suggests (now, don't tell anyone! :) ) that I should put a key behind my license plate, using one of the mounting screws to hold it in place. That way, all I need is a dime (or good Samaritan) to retrieve it. Hmmm... I should do that tonight, huh?!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:09 PM

Bless you for wanting to quilt, I'd be taking a nap. Sending you {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} :)
Old 03-08-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by QBeth
Originally Posted by ilovequilts
So, I locked my keys in my car yesterday for the THIRD time this month, ...:)
I "lost"my car keys about a month ago. Worked all day, got my stuff together to go home, and couldn't find the darn keys. Looked everywhere. Ripped desk apart, purse, etc. Called all the security numbers to see if someone found them. Posted a note on the main entrance. No luck.

Called AAA to unlock car in hope that I'd left the keys inside. Called my boyfriend to come get me - he ripped the car apart too. No luck. On the way home, we stopped off at the dealer and, using the VIN#, was able to get more keys made.

Next morning, I hopped a ride into work with a co-worker. When we go there, I made sure the new keys worked! Went inside, worked all day. Started getting stuff together to go home, including very large leather bag that I use to carry my computer. When I moved it, I put my hand under it for support. Felt something strange. Long story short, there was a hole in the lining of a side pocket; the keys were at the bottom of the bag between the leather and the lining! Errrrrr!!

I now keep an extra key in my wallet, thinking that I might "lose" either the keys or purse, but not both. DBF suggests (now, don't tell anyone! :) ) that I should put a key behind my license plate, using one of the mounting screws to hold it in place. That way, all I need is a dime (or good Samaritan) to retrieve it. Hmmm... I should do that tonight, huh?!
I know this wasn't funny at the time, but it did make me giggle.