Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Took inventory, so to speak >

Took inventory, so to speak

Took inventory, so to speak

Old 07-26-2010, 07:36 AM

Beautiful. How organized and neat. You can always see what you have and what you need when starting a project. Another clue - when you buy material, have the sales person mark down on a piece of paper taped onto the fabric the amount of yardage you bought.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:53 AM

Gee, I'll gladly volunteer to take any fabrics off your hands (and those of the others who have "too much") -- just let me know! :D
Old 07-26-2010, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Sandy
Beautiful. How organized and neat. You can always see what you have and what you need when starting a project. Another clue - when you buy material, have the sales person mark down on a piece of paper taped onto the fabric the amount of yardage you bought.
I can just look at my fabric "bolts" on my shelves and get a pretty good idea of how much I have, just from the thickness of the bolt. I also like how thousandsofbolts.com puts a sticker on their fabric. I used to pull them off, but now I love knowing what yardage I have, just at a glance at the sticker.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by bearlea
How many others suffer from a stash they cannot use up?

I have no idea what your talking about....my dh says its the thrill of the hunt more than the need to eat..heheheh...he collects John Deere tractors..I collect fabrics..there are worse addictions and my bills are always paid off...no charging of anything...this is a picture I took several months ago..I have added to it since when my friends shop was going out of business...Moda at $3 a yard...heck yeah I buying it...heheheh...blessings
This looks like the best use of an "Entertainment Center" I have seen! I love that you can simply close the doors...and I love the organization! Good call!
Old 07-27-2010, 11:12 AM

Mistymarie what a stash. Love the way you have organized.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:16 AM

Several thousand yards???? WOW I can't imagine.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:37 AM

OMG that is too funny ! Thanks for the chuckle, I needed that. Been without power for 2 days and 3 more days possible. :cry:
Old 07-27-2010, 11:45 AM

Hey, if you all get tooo much fabric and want to give it away, just PM me. LOL I would be glad to pay the shipping.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:54 AM

Thanks to everyone who posted pictures of their stashes. It gives me ideas on how to organize as I build mine. I am like some of you in that I live alone and am hoping to retire soon. Don't have a lot of money now, but will probably have less then. As I have mentioned on posts here before, I am a new quilter, but am finding that I really love it.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:51 PM

Im not a stash builder really so I do have a question. What happens if you dont use your stash? I am asking because you see postings of people buying tons of fabric for pennies on the dollar at estate and garage sales.

The other question is what happens when you have exactly the right fabric but not enough of it? That's why I dont stash.