Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
An email from WalMart >

An email from WalMart

An email from WalMart

Old 07-30-2010, 05:09 AM

Everyone of us who purchase fabric from Wal-mart needs to start calling them at 1-800-Wal-Mart, enough people call...
Old 07-30-2010, 05:37 AM

The only improvement I saw was in the sheets - better tpc
Other than that, I can't find anything except copy paper and I have enough of that. They are full of baloney and that isn't good either.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:41 AM

WalMart - "WHATEVER"!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by tula
I found out yesterday that one of the reasons they are getting rid of the fabric dept. is that Walmart has bought our Joanns. I had no idea they owned Joanns and had bought them out 2 years ago! Does this not explain why they are getting rid of their fabric dept???? ARGGGHH! They own it all!
Wow . . .Just found this thread:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-3155-1.htm

Apparently . . .JoAnn's WAS bought out by Wal-Mart . . .which . . .when you really stop and think about it . . .adds up. Definitely explains why JoAnn's fabric is on the decline and why one can now purchase embroidery only machines at Wal-Mart. Go figure . . .
Old 07-30-2010, 05:43 AM

I've called the 800#, e-mailed as mentioned before, when the new Walmart had opening day, I stopped one of the "Big Suits" and gave them a piece of my mind on the Fabric Dept being deleted. Their comment "We'll try to do something about that" and walked away with a sneer on his face.
It is like fighting "CITY HALL".
Just like this country,
Enough of that, another topic.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:44 AM

I rarely ever shop Walmart for fabric as most of it isn't really high quality and I've learned through sad experience that cheap fabrics don't hold up well and heirloom quilts can be ruined quite easily...I do buy muslin and ulitarian things there however, along with notions...

I've found that when I didn't live close to a nice quilt shop that there are literally tons of great on-line shops that will serve us well. It's like getting gifts in the mail, even though you paid for it yourself! LOL!

I had no idea that JoAnn's was owned by Walmart...of course it all makes sense, does it not?
Old 07-30-2010, 05:46 AM

Exact same reply that they sent to me!! What an insult. Cookie cutter responses. This may seems childish, but I was so upset with them that I'm shopping at Target now. I'm sure that Walmart doesn't care about one little person in a snit, but it makes me feel better!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by granny guilter
But, back to W-mart Fabric, felt it was just as good as the $3.99-5.99 fabric at Jo-ann's.
Yep . . .since they're one in the same . . .why pay more at JoAnn's for identical fabric?

Until they've either bought up or put out of, every business in America, Wal-Mart won't rest. As long as there's a LQS in my town . . .and excellent fabric sources on the web . . .I'm staying well away from Wal-Mart.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:55 AM

Just like others, Wal-Mart is the ONLY grocery store in our town and I ONLY shop there if I have to. We still have fabric, but, again, not the best and not much to choose from. When Wal-Mart remodeled our store, they went to the super store and ran the best grocery store out of business. But, from what I have read, that's just what Wal-Mart wants to do, run other's out of business. Their target store to ruin next, Best Buy. That's why the electronic's department is growing in the stores.
You are sooooooooooo right, Wal-Mart is not like it used to be when Daddy was running the company. Another example of greed and money being their bottom line. Pretty SAD!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:57 AM

:thumbup: Well, I found the web site where we can order the same fabric and quilt of the month as Walmart can. It is-www.eanathan.com. Can download the quilt pattern and buy the fabric (if you want to order by the bolt), but can look for the fabric at Jo-Ann's.