Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
An email from WalMart >

An email from WalMart

An email from WalMart

Old 07-30-2010, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by chamby
I'm sorry but this makes no sense to me. Did they poll all of the quilters? I bet not. Because from where I sit I see a lot of disappointed people who sew and quilt. Wonder where they got their numbers. Hum, think about it.
Well, they didn't ask me!
Old 07-30-2010, 11:29 AM

Do you have a email addy for Walmart? I think I would like to send them the message that I will buying my notions and crafts from the store that I buy my fabrics from.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 07-30-2010, 12:05 PM

I got the same e-mail. Don't think anyone even read mine.:(
Old 07-30-2010, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by ClairVoyantQuilter
Originally Posted by tula
I found out yesterday that one of the reasons they are getting rid of the fabric dept. is that Walmart has bought our Joanns. I had no idea they owned Joanns and had bought them out 2 years ago! Does this not explain why they are getting rid of their fabric dept???? ARGGGHH! They own it all!
Wow . . .Just found this thread:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-3155-1.htm

Apparently . . .JoAnn's WAS bought out by Wal-Mart . . .which . . .when you really stop and think about it . . .adds up. Definitely explains why JoAnn's fabric is on the decline and why one can now purchase embroidery only machines at Wal-Mart. Go figure . . .
If you read further in this thread or check it online, you will find that this is not true. JoAnn is an independent company (at least for now!)
Old 07-30-2010, 12:36 PM

you can buy most of that stuff at dollar tree
Old 07-30-2010, 01:19 PM

You can get the CELEBRATION stuff at any Dollar Tree and theres a better slection...and cheaper...need I say more...I would go to one WalMart that is 5 miles further than the one closest to me because of the fabic...and then get grocerys...well they have lost me on that now...I go to Food Lion or the base commersery.....no more walmart for me...I will go to Joann's, Hancock Fabric and my LQS...
Old 07-30-2010, 02:07 PM
bjr

Maybe a boycott of the new crafts and celebration center is in order.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:20 PM

that is the same letter they sent me, too
Old 07-30-2010, 02:21 PM

Seems were all alike here. I also received the same email from them.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by kso
Here is an email I rec'd today from WalMart.

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the fabric department in your local store. As with any merchandise decision that we make, we have based our decision to reduce the stitching and fabric departments on customer demand, which does not appear to be as high today for a full stitching and fabric offering in some markets as it may have been at Walmart in the past.

In keeping with our emphasis on being a store of the community, Walmart is converting the fabrics and crafts department in some stores to a newly expanded assortment of merchandise that focuses on life's celebrations. We are thrilled to offer our customers this exciting new crafts and celebrations center that makes available craft and party planning needs along with information on current trends and new ideas in the area of life's celebrations, such as holidays, weddings and birthdays.

In those stores where the new crafts and celebrations center is placed, merchandise commonly referred to as 'notions' will be included in the product offerings - such as sewing machines, yarn, needles, thread, etc. As a part of this conversion, most of our new and remodeled stores that opened earlier this year, as well as a small number of existing stores, will feature the new crafts and celebrations center in place of bolt fabrics. Walmart will continue to carry cut fabric in most of our stores. Due to the continued evaluation of our stores, we are unable to share a list of existing stores scheduled to receive the new crafts and celebrations center at this time.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Care
I got the same exact reply.
Thank you for posting the reply.
Don't give up the more e-mails they get the better. Maybe if they get enough they will change their minds.
If we don't do anything, nothing will happen.
Just a thought
Pat