Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Nine Patch Project >

Nine Patch Project

Nine Patch Project

Old 08-04-2010, 06:16 PM

Hope I didn't post these already :oops:

These went on a beach towel for my son returning from Iraq on Friday:)

9 patch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91880[/ATTACH]

D9P
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91881[/ATTACH]

layout
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91882[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-91875.jpe
Views:	17
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	91880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-91876.jpe
Views:	26
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	91881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-91877.jpe
Views:	16
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	91882  
Old 08-05-2010, 02:42 AM

Hi Ladies! My computer is still sick so I am checking in from work again. :-( Great to see and read how you are all doing though! :-) I added Cheriefaye to the activities page. Welcome!
I also added links to the blocks, tops, etc. that you have posted. Great job, they look wonderful! :thumbup:

I have been sewing and unsewing my blocks. I got all the 9P for my Mom's lap quilt done and then realized I reversed the colors so I took them apart and redid them. I suppose I could have left them since no one but I would know but I just couldn't. :roll: I used the pattern I posted for the table topper and modified it some to make the lap quilt. I think it is turning out very nicely. As soon as my I get my computer back I will post pictures.

Well, I am going to run for now. Hopefully I will rejoin you on a more regular basis soon.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:10 AM

Thank you B&T, my computer has been down a while, so I'm playing catch-up today. I'll see, I'm a non tool-girl. You see it you use it, no exams or explanations, lol, my fault. Thanks so much for the information. Blessings, Ruth

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
Originally Posted by mrspete
I've relented to using my scissors again. The new blades for my rotor cutter isn't working well. If I'm going to cut one layer at a time I might as well use my scissors. ~sigh~, it's always something, huh?

I just had to vent, but I love these nine patches. I have lots of patches cut, just have to sit down and sew them together.

Oh see my new thread....."What a find!"

Blessings,
Ruth
Ruth, if you are having trouble with a new blade, carefully check to see if you might have two blades together. Other than that I check to see if I put it back together correctly. I can never remember how it should go:)
Old 08-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Swan Song
Hi Ladies! My computer is still sick so I am checking in from work again. :-( Great to see and read how you are all doing though! :-) I added Cheriefaye to the activities page. Welcome!
I also added links to the blocks, tops, etc. that you have posted. Great job, they look wonderful! :thumbup:

I have been sewing and unsewing my blocks. I got all the 9P for my Mom's lap quilt done and then realized I reversed the colors so I took them apart and redid them. I suppose I could have left them since no one but I would know but I just couldn't. :roll: I used the pattern I posted for the table topper and modified it some to make the lap quilt. I think it is turning out very nicely. As soon as my I get my computer back I will post pictures.

Well, I am going to run for now. Hopefully I will rejoin you on a more regular basis soon.
So does this mean you've done twice the number of 9P blocks now!! Sounds like something I'd do.LOL
Old 08-06-2010, 02:04 AM

Actually, I guess I have done twice as many. Instead of 35 I did 70. :? Like I said no one else would have known they weren't what I intended, but I knew and it bothered me. :| Well, I probably won't be able to check in until at least next Wednesday night. Have a GREAT weekend everyone! :-D
Old 08-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Google Goddess

Hi Everyone,

how are your projects coming along?
Old 08-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Power Poster

I am slowly working on my pastel 9 patches using 2 inch squares and strips. Using up small pieces to clear out some clutter. Used five 9P in my June doll swap and will use some in my August doll swap as well.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:26 PM

Hey, y'all. I've sewn a few more but not appreciably so. My count is an extra 12 for disappearing nine patch, and that is with the 32 from before of odds and ends. I've got to get back to it. They are delightful to make...that equals EASY in my book. Hope you are all progressing well. I don't just do that, I've got a few other irons in the fire, plus a PT job.
Blessings,
Ruth
Old 08-06-2010, 08:46 PM

Hi to Swan Song and everyone.....well I joined this group because I wanted to make the D9P for my GD..aged 3 who loves pinks and purples.....I am way behind in my 9 patches, but want to show that i'm working on it. I am soooo slow....guess I've forgotten how to post pictures...sorry picture later....I hope.....hugs SG
Old 08-06-2010, 08:57 PM

Wow I keep missing all these cool projects....would love to join in...:-)