Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
I have had to give up all caffeine for a heart related problem. I dont mind that so much but I love my sodas.

I have switched to apple juice, water and decaf green tea with sugar.

Trying to be good.

I need a sugar drink in the morning I can not roll out of bed and drink water YUCK

I have a total water phobia in the morning can not get a shower, drink water or even wash my hands till I wake up lol. I am weird and I know it and I am not ashamed
I have attackacardia(SP?) so I can't have caffein either. It will make my heart race and I have been rushed 1 to many times to the ER for then to get the rate under control.

As for the morning don't you have to pee when you get out of bed?? I know I do. And don't you wash your hands even if you are still 1/2 asleep????

I don't like plain water so I will add lemon juice or cucumber slices or ground cinncmon or cloves to the water. Even a splash of OJ or any juice for that matter, I actually fell like I am going to throw up if I drink plain water.

As for weird you are in the right place.

it is almost 1 I am having yogurt and going to sleep.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:53 PM

Thanks so much. I have a weight problem because I have had 5 back surgeries. And I can't do the activities I use to do.I between a rock and a hard place. I eat to live. even my dr said I need to eat more, but then I gain weight.I've been disabled for 10 years and I'm fed up, I've gained close to a 100 lbs. I hate it. I have a grandson now and I want to play with him. At times he brings his toys to bed so we can play.I'm too young for this. I thank you for this opportunity.My DH loves me for who I am,but I feel sad,because he never saw the real me at 120 lbs. My goal is to get to that weight or close to it by the time I turn 50. Again thanks again.Now lets burn some booty.:>
Old 09-02-2010, 08:55 PM

I use hand sanitizer until I can wake up I have a bottle on the sink. I know its weird. I dont go anywhere and it only takes me 1/2 hour to wake up.

I was a swimmer growing up I think I jump into the pool at 5:30 am 1 too many times and it traumatized me lol

I am having some chocomilk...... not the best choice but the best out of the options and I was hungry and could have eaten a meal. This will fill me up till I fall asleep

ohh yea and I have a fast heart rate too, mine stays at 120-140
Old 09-02-2010, 09:25 PM

Ok, this is my 2cents of advice.
1. For a yummy cool breakfast make a Cottage Cheese smoothie... I'll post the recipe... you cannot taste the cottage cheese :D
2. For sweet toothes, use Stevia, or Agave nectar... both natural not chemical does not affect blood sugar or brain function.
3. Each day do something positive for yourself and someone els.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
It was 111 when I left on my bike ride tonight. I was tempted to cut it short, but didn't. I think I should be rewarded with a 50 pound weight loss!
I misread this and thought you were 111 lbs!! And I'm thinking - is she 2 feet high? How is 111 lbs overweight??

;)
Old 09-03-2010, 03:49 AM
Banned

ohh yea and I have a fast heart rate too, mine stays at 120-140
Mine will at times hit 240, I turn gray/white and look like death. At that rate your heart could explode and you die. I guess that is as good a way to go as any other.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Leota
Ok, this is my 2cents of advice.
1. For a yummy cool breakfast make a Cottage Cheese smoothie... I'll post the recipe... you cannot taste the cottage cheese :D
2. For sweet toothes, use Stevia, or Agave nectar... both natural not chemical does not affect blood sugar or brain function.
3. Each day do something positive for yourself and someone els.
It is 7:54am time for breakfast, where is the recipe?????????

I know stevia is made from a flower I can't remember which one off the top of my head. I have so many food allergies I wouldn't think of trying something I never had. Years ago I was staying with my mom and every night after the kids when to sleep(they were 2 and 4 YO) mom and I would have a cup of camomile tea. Camomile tea wasn't something you heard of back then we are talking 23 years ago. I was always into healthy eating and bought organic meats however at that time the grcery stores didn't sell them you had to go to the health food store. The lady there recommended the tea to us and we thought we would give it a try. It tasted yummo however after the 3rd night we both got really sick, we couldn't catch our breath, we felt like we were suffocating. There was no internet so we couldnt google it. Years later I found out camomile tea is made from a plant in the rag weed family. mom and I were both allergic to rag weed, and we were ingesting it. Live and learn. I am allergic to bees and I NEVER have honey I loved honey but don't eat it anymore because I read if you are allergic to bees (I was rushed to the ER after getting stung) you are probably allergic to the honey they make.

and I am getting more hungry by the minutes...........LEOTA............where is the recipe????????
Old 09-03-2010, 04:21 AM

Good Morning!

She put it in the recipe section
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-62791-1.htm

and stevia comes from the stevia plant
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia

I have to find something to eat this morning and I dont know what
Old 09-03-2010, 04:32 AM
Banned

Good Morning!

She put it in the recipe section
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-62791-1.htm

Well who the heck looks there??????????? :lol: :lol:

thanks for the link.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:35 AM
Banned

Hi Abby I see your up and in my time zone if I had your # I would call we could chit chat while eating breakfast.

I guess I better get off of here and eat. I am having oatmeal with 1/2 jar baby food, pears/raspberry mixed in it.