Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat!  (Enjoy!) >

Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat! (Enjoy!)

Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat! (Enjoy!)

Old 09-15-2010, 09:17 PM

Has anyone seen the stick design of a lady that says "Serial Embroiderer"? I saw it at a show last weekend but can't find it. The lady said she thought she got it from Starbird, but I can't find it there. I might have to just use any stick lady and add the wording myself. I have the Janome 11,000 also. Been embroidering kitchen towels for Christmas gifts this year.

Pat pats8e8
Old 09-15-2010, 10:02 PM

My husband used to think he was VERY funny going around telling everyone he had to keep an eye on his underwear so I wouldn't embroider on it. Guess what he found in his stocking at Christmas time?
Old 09-16-2010, 01:25 AM

That is just too funny! I might try embroidering some for my DH! My hubby gets a kick out of the fact that the embroidery machine stitches automatically and I can go get a cup of tea while it's working. He asks,"What does it need you for?" Tee hee.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:26 AM

I like to make the in hoop designs. I have made some towel toppers. I have also embroidered a couple of quilts.

I have a Janome MemoryCraft 10001.
LOve it. Just don't have enough time to use it. Work too much!!

Chris
Old 02-08-2012, 06:17 AM

Default A Tote bag for a special Mom with a very sick child that is near death

This is a very special bag for my niece who loves lady bugs, and has a child that is 7 years old that only has months to live. He has a rare disease that is something like brain cancer, he has lost all of his site, and hearing, they don't expect him to live a lot longer.
This Mom is very special has 3 other children and she needs a big hug herself for taking care of him 24/7. She is our niece and we pray that this little thing makes her happy for a little while. I also made him a very special turtle pillow to help make him happy for a little while.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Back of Jina Tote bag.jpg
Views:	1161
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	309920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jina tote bag front.jpg
Views:	1102
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	309921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Turtle.jpg
Views:	1085
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	309924  
Old 02-08-2012, 06:30 AM

Fairly new to embroidery; I have the Viking Ruby, love the machine. This week I'm working on making lace bags for the grandson to put candy in for his teacher and babysitter for valentines day; look under projects on emblibrary.com. Then I'm doing some really cute potholders from same site; they open and your hands slip into them. I have a daughther with her first apartment that needs some and then my oldest son lost just everything in a house fire a few months ago so I'm making some for them. They'll all have different herbs on the outside of them. I have a first birthday bib to do before the end of the month for DGD. Then it's to start working on the lace Easter baskets that I downloaded from same site. I wait until they have a special which is just about every month. I just got one today; 5 designs for $5; you can't go wrong. I have so many designs that even if I stopped ordering now it'd take me over a yr to make them all. At machine embroidery club at a LQS last month I made a cute little coin purse w/zipper. It was all done in the hoop. I use it all the time; especially at work going down to the cafe to get drinks and food. I think that's it. I didn't include the free standing lace and stained class wall hanging.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear View Post
I am trying to figure out some cool ideas to make for potholders. I have been surfing and finally found this video to watch with lots of ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I05TS...eature=related
I downloaded the ones from emblibrary.com that fold in the middle and you put your hands in them. You can see how they are put together under their projects. They are all made in the hoop. Starting them this weekend; hopefully.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Kaye-Kaye View Post
What is the best type of stablizer to use to do shirts? I am doing my husbands work shirts (pullover polo style) and also want to do some shirts to wear at fall craft fairs. Any suggestions would be great. I think I need to get a book that explains the basics.
When I have a question about stabilizer then I check for the projects on emblibrary.com and see what they use. Plus they have a section on stabilizers and you can also find info on Viking's website.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:43 AM

My first project was a bookmark. I had no idea what I was doing. (Still have that problem, ha, ha)
It took so long, that I thought I did something wrong. It was supposed to be a small gift for someone. I decided to do a test run with some thread colors I did not like. However, after an hour or two I had a bookmark sample, but never made the gift in the correct thread. I use the sample myself and say "what was I thinking for my first project? Now when I am not sure if I want to make something I look very closely at the stitch count and then decide.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:56 AM

I have a Brother 2500D. Most projects are gifts: bath towel sets, kitchen towel sets, placemats, napkins. Some t-shirts, some patches for jean pockets. Now I'm putting embroidering on appliques for a quilt - making the appliques look like they were cut from embroidered fabric instead of plain fabric.

Last edited by TanyaL; 02-08-2012 at 10:59 AM.