Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Found a longarm quilter.... >

Found a longarm quilter....

Found a longarm quilter....

Old 09-18-2010, 09:43 AM

Wow what customer service
Old 09-18-2010, 10:18 AM

i have had several done & $80 sounds about right. the one i use charges that, includes batting, but not binding.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Banned

I use several different LAQ services.
One who does not do custom charges around $40. for a double, maybe a little more, but not much.
I provide the batt and lining.
I do my own binding.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
Originally Posted by WilliP
Originally Posted by Lori S
The prices being discussed are low , In my neck of the woods the cheapest absolute cheapest work is .015 per square inch. That includes nothing .. on occasion maybe thread. Many charge a base set- up charge and everthing else , batting , backing, trimming, etc is an add on service.
Did you mean $.15 (15cents)? per square inch which is low for this area --I think with thread and batting prices and taxes the price is up a bit from that.
194.40 for a quilt that is 36" x 36" Are you FRACKING kidding me? 194.40 one yard square. What area do you live? are they using platinum thread?
Ladies .....
My post said .015 cents per square inch so if a quilt is 80 inches by 80 inches thats 6400 square inches. Multiply the 6400 times .015= $96.00
Old 09-18-2010, 04:29 PM

Well, she got her quilt back today, and she loves it! I'm going up there tomorrow to look at it!

She's already almost done with another top! LOL! I've started something, havent I? That's great,though! We've been on the phone every day talking about quilts! She hadn't done any in years, but like any quilter, once you get started its hard to stop.

I am loving MIL right now!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:31 PM

That woman is doing herself a BIG disservice and you a BIG favor!! Good price. I am just beginning as a Longarmer...and have no idea if I'll feel comfortable enough to quilt for other people. But I CAN say....$40.00 is not the price I'd charge!!! It would cost that much for me to put one on a frame!! LOL it's tedious, hard and exhausting --- at least it is for me so far!!!

If you're happy with her work...then you've scored!
Old 09-18-2010, 05:09 PM

crashnquilt-First of all, let me commend you on the work that you do for your customers, I do think that you're unique. I had a full size quilted this year by a local gal and while she did a nice job, I certainly didn't think it was worth $150. She did a panto on it, and the backing(muslin) that I had given her wasn't big enough, so instead of calling me and asking if I had another backing, she just voluntarily used some of her muslin and charged me an additional $40, which was why it was $150. I know someone in Fresno that quilted one for me, a full size and it was $35. But on none of these were the binding put on and the quilt washed, so I would say that for a full size quilt, bound, and washed, I would say it's a heck of a deal. My opinion. I also supplied the batting.