I spy swap?

Old 10-07-2010, 01:08 PM

Oh how cute!!
Old 10-07-2010, 01:21 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Questions to those who have done the swaps---

So how many squares do you send in??
What size squares?
Do you enclose return postage or an SASE?
How many people do you need to do the swap?

Im interested in hosting but need some info..
Old 10-07-2010, 01:54 PM

i too am always interested in an I spy endeavor.
Please count me in when everything is a go.
I would host but because I live in Canada the post is too prohibitive.

Marian
Old 10-07-2010, 02:26 PM

The last one the I was in each swapper sent 3 sets of 40 5inch squares. So 120 squares total. 3 fabrics all together. I believe that it was closed at 40 swappers. Then after the host(ess) did the swapping you were mailed back 120 5inch squares with 120 different fabrics (well a few duplicates maybe :0) It was a lot of fun. I am just finishing my top and that's what prompted me to want to do another one. Hopefully get it done by the holidays.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:27 PM

As for shipping I shipped in a 4.95 flat rate box so I sent her 5 dollars for return shipping.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:52 PM

I was in the last "I Spy" swap and really enjoyed it. I haven't made my quilt yet, but it is on the list to do before Christmas. If there is another swap, I would love to join it. Any excuse to buy more cute fabric is good with me!!:mrgreen:

I sent in extra squares to help the hostess out. People who flake on swaps can ruin it for everyone. I don't mind if the host is a "meanie" when it comes to enforcing the rules. The last swap I did was the 2 1/2 strip swap. She was firm with the rules and awesome with the communication and that made a wonderful swap experience.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
The last one the I was in each swapper sent 3 sets of 40 5inch squares. So 120 squares total. 3 fabrics all together. I believe that it was closed at 40 swappers. Then after the host(ess) did the swapping you were mailed back 120 5inch squares with 120 different fabrics (well a few duplicates maybe :0) It was a lot of fun. I am just finishing my top and that's what prompted me to want to do another one. Hopefully get it done by the holidays.
I have done two or three I Spy swaps. I followed the above rules LovinMySoldier stated and received back 120. One time I think I sent in 6 sets. Eegads that was alot of squares to send and receive. Anyway, I have been using mine to make hex's and have over 200 done. I do a QasYG with them and take them along in the car, doctor's office, watching TV, etc. I don't need anymore squares right now, so will not join this if you start, but for those who have never done it, do it. It is fun and you never know what kind of fabrics you will get back.

As for shipping, I use the large bubble mailers, place blocks in a Ziplock bag first, take the same size bubble mailer and address it back to me, I have clerk weigh all, then add the same amount of postage on the return mailer as the one going out, fold and place it inside with the bag of fabrics. That way, it does not end up short on postage. Have never had a problem yet. Oh, tape the end shut, just in case.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:00 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
Huh, I think I can handle that.. How do we get started??
Old 10-07-2010, 07:07 PM

Also, the fabric is prewashed.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Power Poster

and 100% cotton