Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am so ashamed >

I am so ashamed

I am so ashamed

Old 10-09-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lilrain
I regularly tell myself that I do not need to buy all these pretty fabrics, as there will always be more being made. But it does not help
You must also remind yourself that we are in a difficult economic downturn right now. There are people needing work, and if you stop buying fabric, what will those people do? I say buy, buy, buy. We need to support those struggling LQS's. Some day we may need a certain piece of fabric and that LQS will be closed. :thumbup: :lol: :roll: :oops: ;-)
Old 10-09-2010, 10:24 AM

I know how you feel. It's kinda like seeing a loved one that you haven't seen in a long time.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
I regularly tell myself that I do not need to buy all these pretty fabrics, as there will always be more being made. But it does not help
You must also remind yourself that we are in a difficult economic downturn right now. There are people needing work, and if you stop buying fabric, what will those people do? I say buy, buy, buy. We need to support those struggling LQS's. Some day we may need a certain piece of fabric and that LQS will be closed. :thumbup: :lol: :roll: :oops: ;-)
Are any of the lines made in the USA?
Old 10-09-2010, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by G'ma Kay
Yes, all the fabrics in the Connecting Threads line are US -grown. I just got the latest catalog from them and oh! what quilters' candy they have!
Old 10-09-2010, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by jojo47
Yes, all the fabrics in the Connecting Threads line are US -grown. I just got the latest catalog from them and oh! what quilters' candy they have!
Don't you just want to buy them all!?!? I am trying to keep from ordering anything else till I get some of my stash diminished.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by jojo47
Don't you just want to buy them all!?!? I am trying to keep from ordering anything else till I get some of my stash diminished.
Yes! Especially the batiks! They are really a siren song for me! But, like you, Gramof6, I' trying not to buy anything else until I get some of my own use up...AND I have plans for a T-shirt quilt for my SIL, but need to get the stabilizer before I can even think about that!
Old 10-09-2010, 12:29 PM

Yes, but isn't it fun to "go shopping" without ever leaving home?
Old 10-09-2010, 12:43 PM

I have always told my friends that there is a rule about fabric --- "The one with most fabric wins!!!!"
Old 10-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by Jeri M
Me too! But there I was Thursday at a Fons and Porter Warehouse sale picking up fabric -it was only $3.00 a yard!!!
Who in their right mind could resist? lol
No One!!! Wish I had been there!

8-)
Old 10-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Bev

Actually you're right. I made the trip to my closest LQS last week. When I got there I found that they had cut back on their hours and days. They've also reduced a bit of their holdings. I was lucky that on the day and time I arrived there they just happened to be open. I hadn't heard the news. Now I'm feeling guilty that I've been shopping on line lately. The problem is that between the long trip and gas expense, and the fact that the fabrics I buy on line are cheaper even with S&H, how can I justify only buying from them ( the LQS?) I promised myself that I will continue to go back as often as I can, but I'm not sure everyone is doing that. Another thing is that their prices have risen from between 50c and $1.00 per yard. That's not very encouraging.