Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
it seams that 300.00 times 3 is a lot of money  to me help me!!!! >

it seams that 300.00 times 3 is a lot of money to me help me!!!!

it seams that 300.00 times 3 is a lot of money to me help me!!!!

Old 10-13-2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by mshawii
Be sure and keep track of your time so she can see that it took that amount of time. Tell her you will do one and then she can see your work and you can discuss the other two. This way she can see the time and work and cost involved. Gives you both an out on the last two. Jan
i was going to suggest doing one then deciding on whether or not to do the other two. it could be that it woult take more time than you anticipated.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by Craftygirl
Thanks heaps for posting that picture. I was imagining feed sacks being some sort of rough fabric that used to contain grain or something. :) :
That's what feed sack were or to hold flour. They were rough fabric but when washed they soften up. Lots of mothers made little girls clothes from them. They were tough fabric. :)

They held flour, chicken feed, sugar, lots of things. My mother made my dresses from feed sacks years ago because she could get the fabric for nothing when buying staples for our farm. Nothing went to waste back then. I do not remember her ever having a waste basket in the house. Everything had a use and feed sacks were used for clothing. I wish I had some of those now for a quilt.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:31 PM

I still get my flour in those sacks at a store called Win-Co in Kennewick WA. They always have several patterns & colors to chose from.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:35 PM

You didn't say what size quilt she want's you to make.
Also do you really want to do this project? Don't do something you may recent. You may have other thing's you are setting aside for this large project. And really be sorry and find yourself under pressure.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:36 PM

You didn't say what size quilt she want's you to make.
Also do you really want to do this project? Don't do something you may recent. You may have other thing's you are setting aside for this large project. And really be sorry and find yourself under pressure.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:54 PM

they are all full size. yes i do want to make them if they are happy with the quilts i make, then i can charge higher the ones to follow ..Olivia's Grammy can you post pictures of yours?
Old 10-15-2010, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by memathomas
they are all full size. yes i do want to make them if they are happy with the quilts i make, then i can charge higher the ones to follow ..Olivia's Grammy can you post pictures of yours?
Check these threads for pictures of some of my feed sack quilts: Feedsacks, What I've made this year, Flowersack.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:16 PM

Hi:
You are a great friend. It's nice you can be paid for your work.
Enjoy and please show us your quilts when done.

Elsie
Old 10-20-2010, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
A friend of a friend - - hmmm --

Do you WANT to make them?

Maybe you can teach her how to make them?

It is a lot - but if you value your time?

Does this person work outside her home? Do you have any idea how much she makes per hour?

Make sure you discuss WHY this would cost this much with the person.

When people see ads for "any size quilt for $39 or $49 or $59 dollars" - that's the price many of them have in mind - and if they supply the fabrics - hey - you should pay THEM for the privilege of working with them.
I know she is your friend but PLEASE get what you BOTH decide in writing and ask her to sign it, that way she cannot come back on you like some one else had a problem on this site had stated. See if she wants to help you decide and maybe help make them too. But have the final tally in writing FIRST----PLEASE.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:27 AM

Do you value her friendship? If so, offer to have her work on the quilt with you. That way, she can see the process as you go and more importantly, why you set the price you did. Most people don't have a clue about making a quilt - they think you put the fabrc together then sew it. Sounds really simple until you actualy start doing it.

So, a work day - with her - sounds in order. I'd hate for you to loose a good friend if she didn't like it, but if she's taken part, she might enjoy quilting!! Then, you'd be her teacher and have the pride that comes with sharing your knowledge!! :)