Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone else not able to quilt because of... >

Anyone else not able to quilt because of...

Anyone else not able to quilt because of...

Old 11-09-2010, 03:51 AM

It does usually get better with proper rest and following doctor's orders. It is painful at the time, so be sure not to over use it. The doctor may prescribe anti-inflamatory or give you a steroid shot. Either way, follow their orders and in a few weeks, it will be better.....we pray.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:53 AM

Wear the brace, take anti-flamatory meds and get a shot of cortizone by a Orthpedic surgeon who knows how to hit the spot. Or just go to last step and get a cure fast. Had it done 2 times over the years and worked both time. Just had both carpal tunnels fixed this year. I am just a body waiting for the next fixture to fail .lol
Old 11-09-2010, 04:09 AM

When my wrist acted up, I switched to a Martelli rotary cutter, the one with the bent handle. I now can cut all day and my wrist does not hurt.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:05 AM
Lyn

I could not keep my arm at rest without it aching. I slept in arm and hand braces. I had 3 injections of cortizone in my elbow but it was only temporary help. I had the operation. Best thing I ever did. They widened the hole the tendon went through and took off all of the scar tissue. I was back to working on my quilt a few weeks later. I never hurt and was in a sling for a few days. The big thing is I DON'T HURT ANYMORE. Make sure if you have the operation that you make sure the doctor has done several of these with high success.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:16 AM

I have one rotary cutter, my first, that is not shaped properly and I do hurt when I use it. Before I found out and bought the non slide material for the back of the ruler I pressed too hard and brought the beginnings of arthritis to my left forefinger-followed by pain and weakness. so It is important to pay attention to hurts, stop, rest, use the right rotary cutter and keep it at the proper angle with the forefinger on the resting spot.
I went thru 2 1/2 months of PT this summer for my neck and shoulder, then legs. PT helps to build the muscle around the hurt area, it does not cure.....the dems electrodes and applied heat relax the muscles so they can be worked with and strengthened....my neck is 75% improved and I have to exercise every morning, and watch my posture in everything I do...even using the computer can bring on the problems. So, know how to avoid the hurt, strengthen the muscles so they carry the weight. It takes retraining, with hopes that one can relearn to stand, walk and sit straight.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:21 AM

I had this from pulling patient charts and then shoving them back in when the shelf was very crowded. My doctor said to try an elbow brace. This helps both below and above the elbow. After three weeks, it was fine. However, I still wear the brace for work. My daughter for her birthday wants to go bowling. I'll be wearing the brace, but am still worried I might aggravate it.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:26 AM

It is work realet for me. I had it in both elbows at the same time! They used removable casts, therapy and finally a injection. Do what the doc says. There are exercises that help as well. Good luck hope you heal soon.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:38 AM

liblueeyes,

I was having truble with TE then I heard about C T Cream. and it helped me. check it out www.ctcream.com or call 800-541-3550

Really look in to it. I did really help me. and it is all natural!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:16 AM

Yes, I had Tennis Elbow years ago and it effected my
typing. It took a few months and a shot from the doctor but it got better and now every once in a while it acts up.
There is a small brace you can wear that really helps the
pain and it costs just a few dollars at you local drugstore.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:30 AM

I had it and was at the heart Dr with my husband and asked the Dr about it. She told me to buy store brand Motrin and take as directed. It would relieve the inflammation and it would go away. I did as she said and it went away.