Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
i'm not even old enough to be MARRIED. >

i'm not even old enough to be MARRIED.

i'm not even old enough to be MARRIED.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:22 AM

Oh good heavens! You're so young - much to young to get married - UNLESS you happen to have the guy of your dreams and that's what you both want. There's no right or wrong age to marry. If and when you meet someone and decide to marry, then THAT'S the right age for you! When I married, we all did so at a very young age and had babies right away. I love my family and wouldn't change a thing, but I think the girls today that work at their careers, travel, etc. are much smarter. Don't let what anyone says bother you. Follow your heart and your instincts and enjoy your life. We only get one shot at it.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:46 AM

Take your time girl. You know you have to find Mr. Right.
HA HA
Old 11-14-2010, 11:57 AM

When I was 21 I was married and had 2 kids. I wouldnt change that for anything.. Now on the other hand I now have a granddaughter who is 21 and not married, all her friends have gotten married already... I tell her to just wait and Mr. Right will come along some day and she will know it when he does.
Have fun, enjoy your life, youll know when Mr Right comes along. dont be in any hurry, enjoy life!!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:40 PM

I got married at 19, and still with the same wonderful man 30 years later. My girls were 26, 23 & 23. You certainly have time!!!! They all finished college first.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:59 PM

I tell my kids that if they get married before they are 25, I will shoot them. And later than that isn't bad either. I got married too young - it worked out but I do not want my children to follow my example. There are too many other things to try before you settle down.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:16 AM

Sounds like I was the hold out on this board... I got married August 29, 2009 at 34 and my husband at 35. Don't be in a rush to get married, just let things take their time.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
Stay single do everything you want first or until you find the right man! I had a kid at 21 and I would not change things but maybe have waited a little longer!!
I married at 18 and had kids at 19 and 21 and it was too young; I needed to grow up some first.....though it all worked out just fine! Take your time and even if you're 35 when you marry, like a friend was, you'll know you waited for the BEST!
Old 11-15-2010, 04:13 AM

As my nana used to say - Well, I know men won't buy the whole cow if they can get milk for free, but, I am thinking - Why should I buy the whole pig, when all I want is a little sausage???
My sister, who at 56 is still not married - says I have met Mr Sleazy, Mr Married, Mr Drinks Too Much, Mr Too Fat, Mr Too Mean, I'm still waiting for Mr Right!
Old 11-15-2010, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by ilovequilts
Okay, okay, I am old enough to be married, but what's the rush?! I'm 21 and today I ran into someone I've known for quite a while (a friends mom) and she proceeded to tell me of all my friends that are married, are getting married and says to me "Well Hailee, when's it YOUR turn?"

I wanted to respond rudely, but merely laughed it off...then called my mom and vented about it.

Seriously. Is it really that bad that I'm 21 and not yet married? grr...
I'm 29. (30 next month) I had my first daughter when I was young, 18 and when he father and I broke up I vowed I would never marry. Well...I got married 3 years ago and I'm so so glad I waited until I was a little older. My husband is also 12 years older then me, and he waited until he was 39 to get married to me. So, if you want to wait, then wait. I think most people should wait until their mid to late 20's anyways. By that time you know yourself better and are much more mature.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:34 AM

Age has NOTHING to do with it - remember - more than 50% of marrages end in divorce.