weird fears or aversions

Old 12-01-2010, 12:32 PM

To me, this is an irritating statement, "I approve this message."
Old 12-01-2010, 12:46 PM

Not fond of clowns and horses. No special reason that I know of, but they frighten the living daylights out of me. lynda
Old 12-01-2010, 01:08 PM

The sight of honeycomb makes me cringe, with all the holes in it! I also can't stand sitting next to, or behind (as in a restaurant booth) a person who is bouncing their leg up and down continuously. Such a bad habit!!

I'm also bothered by waiters/waitresses who use the term "guys", even if it's just ladies at the table.

Sue
Old 12-01-2010, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
What about newspeople misprnouncing different words - like Valentine's Day is NOT "VALENTIMES DaY"
I know. I hear it every year on the news. Makes me cringe too.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:14 PM

I cannot look at anyone up on a tall ladder or scaffolding. Guess it is due to seeing a neighbor lady fall from a second story window when I was eleven years old. She was washing the outside of a doublehung window by sitting on it with the window lowered nearly to her lap. Like so many used to do. Maybe thats also why I dislike washing my windows today.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:20 PM

I've thought of more things that bug me. It makes me nutty when someone is telling a long story with dialogue and instead of saying "she said... and then I said...", they say "then she goes.... and then I go..."

I don't like it when people say "I could care less" when they mean "I couldn't care less"

Someone above talked about mispronunciations and someone else talked about poor grammar. They bug me too. Misspellings are annoying.

Some accents bother me. I used to cringe when hearing a Southern accent, but now I like it. And now I like it when someone tells me to have a blessed day. We also get "Yes ma'am" and "No ma'am" here. We didn't hear that too much where I used to live and I think it's nice.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lynda1945
Not fond of clowns and horses. No special reason that I know of, but they frighten the living daylights out of me. lynda
Clowns give me the creeps!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:42 PM

I have a fear of getting lost, and heights... People who don't have phobias don't know what it is like (like my DH). I guess he is used to me, though, married for 40 yrs.

I feel almost sick if I see food on a new (supposedly clean) piece of flatware or a dish, or the table for that matter in a restaurant.

This is a fun post! thanks for starting it!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:42 PM

people chewing gum.....drives me nuts...i know...i`m weird
Old 12-01-2010, 04:55 PM

Omigosh, I'm with you on the kissing sounds on TV---blech! Also agree heartily with the sniffling repeatedly instead of blowing your nose, I have to exit the area.

Can't stand people gulping liquids down--eeewww!

Don't lick the sound of dogs licking---wherever ever!

And the smell of dog poop, makes me gag!

My daughter can't stand the sound of marshmallows being rubbed together! I've never heard of anyone with that.

My husband can't stand the fork scratching the plate. We had a young man as a guest at dinner once. As usual, we just mentioned the scratching fork thing. The young man took his fork and scratched it back and forth on his plate and said, "Like this?" My husband took his fork and threw it across the room. Took his plate. He gave him a paper plate and a plastic fork!