weird fears or aversions

Old 12-03-2010, 06:40 PM

I can't stand having mayo on my fingers - when you reach in with the knife to get the last bit from the jar and your fingers rub against the rim, or anything else slimy or oily on my fingers and hands. People who fall asleep in the chair, begin snoring, then deny emphatically that they are not asleep.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:44 PM

People who fall asleep in the chair, begin snoring, then deny emphatically that they are not asleep.
My husband does that ALL THE TIME. What's even funnier is when he wakes himself up snoring, and quickly clears his throat or coughs to try to disguise the sound of the snore! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-03-2010, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise
People who fall asleep in the chair, begin snoring, then deny emphatically that they are not asleep.
My husband does that ALL THE TIME. What's even funnier is when he wakes himself up snoring, and quickly clears his throat or coughs to try to disguise the sound of the snore! :lol: :lol: :lol:
And after sleeping for over an hour, is "lost" concerning the movie, tv program...but says they have been watching it all along.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Carrie Jo
I hate it when you some disgusting (usually guy) blow his nose outside with out a tissue!!!! Yuck
it's called the Sicilian Snot Put.. just be glad it is outside!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:18 PM

Squeaky shoes on a basketball court and the sound made when kids use a stone to draw a hopscotch on the sidewalk.

I can't stand hearing people or dogs vomit, either.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:25 PM

I can not look in a mouth hubby pulled all the kids teeth. Hearing anyone or thing vomit also.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:47 AM

I agree, have to turn my head when people are hurt during one of those "funniest video" shows. Don't think anyone getting hurt is funny.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by renee765
Sorry! Would you like me to discuss further the image of slicing my fingertips off? That would at least get your mind off the 'you know what'. So, there's this big knife, and lots of hard veggies, and suddenly..........
Okay that's good, no more yawning!
Old 12-04-2010, 08:14 AM

My stomach involuntarily turns whenever I see an obviously pregnant woman.

When I was 4 or 5, I had a favorite neighbor lady who had one of those "fancy" refrigerators that dispensed drinks on the outside of the door. She always kept it filled with kool-aide for me. So another summer came along and when I rang her bell to ask for a drink she answered the door very pregnant. It disgusted me so much to see her all deformed and misshappened that I ran away, and pregnant women still bother me to this day.

I know it's a strange aversion, it was just too traumatic an experience for me I guess.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:33 PM

I have an aversion to having my feet touched or having to touch someone else's feet. Touching someone's feet is usually not a problem, but I'm a physical therapist. Maybe that's why I chose pediatrics cause kids' feet aren't bad. I was 50 before I got brave enough to get a pedicure. Still not one of my favorite things. I have to read a book and hold the book up in front of me so I can't see them touching my feet. Yes I'm what you call "different". LOL