Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Returned my Shark iron! >

Returned my Shark iron!

Returned my Shark iron!

Old 12-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Net

Originally Posted by mmonohon
I bought an expensive (but on sale) Rowenta and leaked from the beginning, since I got such a good deal on it, I kept it. Now I iron with a mister and don't fill the iron with water. Works great.

It is such a pain to pay good money and not work the way we need them too.
I went thru 3 Rowenta irons and all 3 leaked never will buy another one. Bought a cheapie works great.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:31 AM

I did the exact same thing "retired2pa" and I love my $7 unit never shuts off and DOES NOT LEAK WATER!!
Old 12-17-2010, 02:07 AM

maybe that's why I've never had a prob with my irons.I don't put water in them.I either use spray starch & spray bottle of water.I also love the older GEs.

Originally Posted by grams5
I also have the GE from 60's love it, gave $5 for it 10 years ago would not trade it for anything. I also bought another a few years ago paid $8 for it saving for later when needed. They get really hot and have a small spray bottle that screws on if you want steam.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by wraez
I was reading my operation manual on my Rowenta and it says that the iron is made to use tap water, not to use 100% distilled water, altho depending on hardness of water, you could add 50% distilled water. The iron will leak and dribble if tap water isn't used.

After reading some of the posts about leaking, I couldn't help but wonder if we've not reading our manual and adding the wrong water to our irons.

just wondering

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
I've had a Rowenta iron for years and have only used tap water in it. It doesn't leak and I've never had a problem with it. I recently bought a Sunbeam (lighter weight) iron and it leaks really bad.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:05 AM

a lot of the quilters in my area love the Rowenta, so I tried it and took it back---it leaked, it was way too heavy. I had always used a GE since I was a young girl---well finding them was getting harder, so I bought a black and decker at WalMart and absolutely loved it. Easy to use, lightweight and it steams like no buddies business. Never has leaked and I have 2 now--one in the sewing room, the other upstairs to iron clothes with.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Net

Originally Posted by Surfergirl
Originally Posted by wraez
I was reading my operation manual on my Rowenta and it says that the iron is made to use tap water, not to use 100% distilled water, altho depending on hardness of water, you could add 50% distilled water. The iron will leak and dribble if tap water isn't used.

After reading some of the posts about leaking, I couldn't help but wonder if we've not reading our manual and adding the wrong water to our irons.

just wondering

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
I've had a Rowenta iron for years and have only used tap water in it. It doesn't leak and I've never had a problem with it. I recently bought a Sunbeam (lighter weight) iron and it leaks really bad.
I always used tap water and they still leaked.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:37 PM

I don't know if it was just bad luck,but I bought a europro shark sewing machine,a shark vaccum, and a shark iron and they were all nothing but trouble. The vaccum and the iron were bought locally so I took them back,but I bought the sewing machine online and have for some reason cannot get a straight answer from the company.For the last 4 months it has been nothing but a big paper weight. I wouldn't take anything in the EuroPro brand if it was free after these 3 lemons.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:42 AM

Well....you've sure had bad luck with that brand.I don't know how that works, some ppl love a certain brand & others have nothing but trouble, but imagine it's true of most all appliances...from irons to washer/dryers. Too bad about your sewing machine.Hope you can find help.Can a local repairman fix it?

Originally Posted by lynmccoy
I don't know if it was just bad luck,but I bought a europro shark sewing machine,a shark vaccum, and a shark iron and they were all nothing but trouble. The vaccum and the iron were bought locally so I took them back,but I bought the sewing machine online and have for some reason cannot get a straight answer from the company.For the last 4 months it has been nothing but a big paper weight. I wouldn't take anything in the EuroPro brand if it was free after these 3 lemons.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:19 AM

The closest sewing repair shop is in Bristol, Tennesse. I took it there and just for the guy to look at it and give me his opinion was $150.00. Then he said that the motor had locked up and I would need a new one.I was looking at a $300.00 repair bill and in his opinion not worth it. I still had to pay for his opinion and brought my paper weight home.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:45 PM

That's a shame.You're prob better off to find a used machine in your area. Do you have a Craig's List? A lot of ppl like Brother machines.It's more a case of finding a seller you trust.I'd want to try it out before buying,