Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Overload...So Much Info >

Overload...So Much Info

Overload...So Much Info

Old 12-19-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Hmm-I wonder if I'd get more sewing done if I wasn't always reading here and getting even MORE ideas to add to my wanna do list? (It's up to #367 now!!)
I always read Watched Topics and Unread topics first; don't want to miss anything.
I did not even see the watched and unread topics until you mentioned it. Wow new people to meet and now it is tax season and I have to work 40-60 hrs a week. Oh well I love it all but i will not be able to sew until April 15th but I have projects already waiting for me to start. I love it all and enjoy the fellowship. Gail
Old 12-19-2010, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat
How do you all keep up with the board? Do you not read certain ones?....
I liken this board to all the good books I want to read and will never be able to. I check in every day and look at the 'recent' tab first. I sometimes start at the bottom on that page because there are so many good ones I am sure that I miss.
I compare it to a good cookbook; if you get one or two good recipes out of it, it is worth the price. The same way here, each time I find or discover some other wonderful idea or pattern it is a bonus. If I miss some, so be it but I am loving what I do find.
I will never catch up reading all the posts but use the search box if I am looking for something specific. Great folks here with much knowledge. Just enjoy it as much as you can.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:25 PM

I usually read the topics that are in the digest email first. Sometimes, if I have time I read posts at random. Alot are repeat questions so I skip them. I like the pictures, but by the time I look at them there are way to many pages of posts so I rarely ever post on pic, but to all that post I do look. I spend more time some days than others, and I am addicted.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:11 PM

I'm just started on the board and I Love it!!!! It is so nice to have so many people from different countrys interested in the same things you are. It alot of fun. I look at the help question because I may have the same question and I may find a answer with out asking myself.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:30 PM

WOW. Thanks. I am new here and thought I was the only one spending so much time on the computer. I told my friends, I need a new computer for my recent hobby----"Quilting". I joined in November and am just realizing some of the information that is on here. I usually look at the picture area first. Just recently used the search area. I agree, an intro would be nice as to how to use and what is available.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:56 PM

Hello all:
Merry Christmas! I ahve not been on this board for long and I certainly haven't read everything on it. But I enjoy reading all that I can read. I don't feel alone when I am struffling with a project. I am off this week and unfortunatly have a huge 'to do' list. Most does not include any sewing and not much reading for now. I want to crochet in my evenings that are not with Grandchildren.
Who can resist either? I bought then hats and gloves and hope to doll them up with fringe on the ends, no quilty gifts this year...but it is my goal to read, get projects sites and plans and ideas for all for next year. My Step-Mother has made all nine of them a quilt. What a goal! I am not complaining about everyone sharing! Thanks for all you guilters do, send on!
Old 12-19-2010, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by QazyQltr
I try to limit my time here to say, Wake up in the morning until bedtime. :-) :-) Too much good stuff!!
LOL!!!! I spend quite a bit of time here but I learn so much and I feel as if I am visiting with some great people. It's worth the time to be here. Happy holidays to one and all. May this new year bring peace and health to all.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:18 PM

I usually check intro, then recent or unread. Lokk at some pictures, thinking about doing this one or that - next thing it has been a few hours, but love it any way. :-)
Old 12-19-2010, 04:22 PM

I always look at the tutorials
Old 12-19-2010, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt
Well, I must admit I only read the topics I could maybe know an answer for! I don't have a clue of questions about sewing machines, long arms, piecing techniques, EQ-Programms etc. and I try to find the topics regarding hand quilting.

Andrea The Hand Quilter meet Andrea another hand quilter from Arizona, USA. I love to look at the quilts done on machine with the beautiful embroidered designs. My hands are rapidly loosing movement from arthritis. I now cherish every stitch I can hand quilt. Happy Holiday's to you.

Andie