Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas? >

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

Old 12-26-2010, 09:13 PM

My son and DIL came from Colorado and installed a new ceramic tile kitchen floor for me!!!! Then when we pulled out the stove and dishwasher to put the floor down, they looked so bad (they are 18 yrs. old - came with the house) that DH decided we needed to get new - so --- I got new floor, dishwasher and stove - plus we removed the wallpaper and got one wall already repainted. Then DH scraped wallpaper from small half bath downstairs so I could paint and then decided we needed a new pedestal sink! So I'm a happy girl! It looks great!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:38 PM

when i was a little girl, i would always ask for "books, music, and nylons". i haven't changed much. i got books, music, and socks from the kids. (one son in law had literally been reading my amazon wish list!) add in special chocolate, a bottle of peach lambech, and some sought after movies, and you've got one spoiled lady. and hubby? he gave me a gun safe. not really very girlie--but it is something i've wanted for a long time! (it's made to look like an old fashioned safe, just like in the old cowboy movies--it speaks to the cowgirl in my soul, and it will make things a lot "safer" (no pun intended...) around here.)
Old 12-26-2010, 09:41 PM

Oldest ds got me an expensive sewing light and youngest son got me $25 to lqs. Not bad for teenagers with their own money.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:47 PM

I was lucky enough to get a Kindle from my DM, 3 new Pandora beads from my kids, a quilt kit from my in-laws(they let me shop for myself this year). Then I got a lovely surprise Christmas Eve - a Keurig from my in-laws and my DH says a chocolate diamond heart pendant is on its way and didn't mnake it in time for Christmas. Also my kids got an XBox Kinect and a Beatles Rockband - both sound like great ways to get the family having fun together!! So much to be thankful for this year!! All this and 15 inches of snow today - great family get togethers over the holiday weekend too - couldn't ask for more!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Elliotsgreatgrandma
Originally Posted by Cheryl
Well I didn't get anything but that's ok but I gave a friend a gift and I have a few gifts for my son and his gf. I just couldn't afford to really go buy for more this year. Also I have no DH or BF it's just me and my Lucy Lu Lu (shih tzu ), Allie (umbrella cockatoo), Ricki (cockatiel). And Most of All I have Jesus Christ in my Life...
I agree that we have the best gift when we have Jesus. Gail
I agree also after all JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!
Old 12-26-2010, 10:31 PM

I got a new central aircondition/heat pump. Oh happy day!
Actually we agreed not to exchange gifts...but tomorrow I'm off to go quilt shop hopping!
Old 12-26-2010, 11:06 PM

The most important things! 5 yard pieces of fabric, 5- 1/2 yard pieces of fabric, 8 fat quarters and 3 quilt magazines. My DH said I could start my own fabric shop. Of course he was including my stash as he said that. Can't wait to get started on new projects.

Ellie
Old 12-26-2010, 11:19 PM

I got a lovely pair of diamond hoop earrings from Hubby, a charging dock for my iPhone from my D/SIL and some much needed bakeware from Son/DIL. My grand-daughter gave me two cherished days of time with her. It was a great Christmas. Everyone just left this evening and the house is soooo lonely!
Old 12-26-2010, 11:29 PM

I got a new sewing table for my machine,and it has drawers! I have not gotten it put together. I will need to use the front room but we are still having parties in the house. We have 3 of my young nieces here while their parents replace their kitchen floor. I also got a book I have been wanting. My brother gave mea gift certificate to Walmart! He is handicapped and doesn't understand quilting. I got some Fat Quarters, and money towards a mini laptop. I earned most of the money selling dolls.
But the best part was today when I got to watch my nieces and nephews open the presents I gave to them!
Old 12-26-2010, 11:40 PM

After having a miscarriage earlier this year, DIL announced she had just had her 12 week scan on Christmas Eve and everything is fine with this pregnancy. Great Christmas present!!

Also received some quilty things and a mini bathroom renovation from carpenter son and daughter.