They wouldn't go home!

Old 12-26-2010, 08:08 PM

These are some heartbreaking stories. God Bless all these wonderful people.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:38 PM

maybe your house is home to them !!!
Old 12-27-2010, 02:26 AM

All the letters on this subject took me way back.One thing I remember is......I didn't ask questions beyond a simple "are you ok to go home?"...when they finally did.The only thing we provided was a dinner table....or brfast as the case was & a hug or two.

Funny how many posters had rules.We raised our girls pretty strictly & insisted the other kids follow the same rules while in our house.This past summer.a young man stopped by & asked DH if he remembered him? Not sure he did, but anyway, he stayed for a couple hrs,telling us about his life etc.He said DH was a great example for him in the way he worked & the way he didn't pull any punches about right & wrong.We don't know what went on with his family, but it was a reminder of how we can all be an example without even knowing how much it affects some ones life.
Off my soapbox now. Have enjoyed the thread.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug
Well...the 4 month old...she does not know the difference..just that she is in a loving home...the others...its sorta nice that they all love being there, you most be an amazing, loving person!!! But that being said....I think I would want them to go home so I could enjoy the quiet...; )
That's what the parents are doing! --enjoying the quiet and knowing that their kids are safe. God bless you.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:29 AM

Hey enjoy every minute they are there. Our home was the same way, guess what, they grew up got married and moved out. Now the house is so quiet at times that neither my husband or I know what to do. Sometimes I sit at my table with coffee in hand and laugh or cry. I love the holiday"s when they do come home and stay, heck even at Christmas time their friends do come and have a talk again.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:54 AM

Your story reminds me of when our children still lived at home. Our house was the house to be at also. My DH worked second shift and I worked third shift. I never knew who was going to be at my house when I got home from work. I took many of these boys on vacation with us, to their hair cuts appts. and did their laundry besides feeding everyone of them. I wouldn't have had it any other way. To this day I still get phone calls from them to see how we're doing. Now that we've moved 1100 miles away from where our children were raised, if any of them are in FL. on vacation they stop by for a visit. I feel VERY blessed to have been such a positive influence in their young lives. You should feel the same way!!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:45 PM

My story is some what different,when I was a teenager I spent my time with a family where I felt safe. I went to church with them,if I need something my parents felt I could do with out "Mom" made it for me. It was the 50's and who could live without a can-can she made me 2.They had birthday partys for me . I learned what life was suppose to be like there. When I had my family they learned that life style not my real family, to much meanness there.MY KIDS ALWAYS HAD FRIENDS AT OUR HOUSE, THEY STILL FEEL FREE TO INVITE THERE FRIENDS OVER FOR WHAT EVER AND THEY ARE ALL IN THERE 40'S MARRIED AND HAVE THERE OWN FAMILYS
Old 12-27-2010, 09:52 PM

Our home is a loving home and I have a 25 year old who is still at home and wants to be here and a 22 year old living on his own...and he chose not to be with us...Christmas AM...it is sad but his lifestyle doesn't gel with ours...we are too quiet and won't let the girlfriend stay....so he chose to go to a friend's whos brother is a druggie and drunk and parents are divorced and the friend has a child and no wife...but he has a 4 wheeler. I do hope one day...my son will want to be with us...but have accepted it is his choice...I did the best I could....and he certainly knows he is loved but we don't compromise our beliefs or lifestyle.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:42 AM

You did good, raising them to your standards.That's all we can do, then hope & pray it "takes".Some take longer than others, but sooner or later,many adult kids do come back to what they were raised to believe in.

Originally Posted by sumcoop
Our home is a loving home and I have a 25 year old who is still at home and wants to be here and a 22 year old living on his own...and he chose not to be with us...Christmas AM...it is sad but his lifestyle doesn't gel with ours...we are too quiet and won't let the girlfriend stay....so he chose to go to a friend's whos brother is a druggie and drunk and parents are divorced and the friend has a child and no wife...but he has a 4 wheeler. I do hope one day...my son will want to be with us...but have accepted it is his choice...I did the best I could....and he certainly knows he is loved but we don't compromise our beliefs or lifestyle.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by plainpat
You did good, raising them to your standards.That's all we can do, then hope & pray it "takes".Some take longer than others, but sooner or later,many adult kids do come back to what they were raised to believe in.

Originally Posted by sumcoop
thanks pat...prayers are continual and I can see God working on his heart and glimers of hope. i appreciate your encouragement.